9/2 SOX @ Cle 6:05 PM CDT - CSN

knightni

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
invest money in the farm/scouting/development system? thats crazy talk in this organization

Our organization believes that hitters are finished products, and they should work on hitting the ball hard. The rest of the baseball part should of been covered in college and high school. They model all swings after Joe Borchard. And make sure we trade away all players that have any resemblance of a line drive swing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
Ha, this team just freaking blows right now. It's time to put Danks on 7 or 8 days rest, at least.

and pitch who though?

yikes 50% of hte time that last pitch gets hit 425+

fathom made a post after Danks' last start about Danks being tired, worn out. I hadn't seen it - I saw a game where he left pitches up in the zone and was trying to hard to paint the corners. So tonight, I decided to watch Danks more carefully, mechanics and all.

I think fathom is right. Danks looks worn down to me. His mechanics look it, the results look it.

I do NOT however agree with fathom about this team and 2004 - very different teams.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
You don't get runs, you look lethargic, you score and you look fine. 4-0 :angry:

exactly....can a mod pin this post and reference it every time we see one of those god awful "this.team.is.dead." or "this.team.has.no.heart." threads

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
fathom made a post after Danks' last start about Danks being tired, worn out. I hadn't seen it - I saw a game where he left pitches up in the zone and was trying to hard to paint the corners. So tonight, I decided to watch Danks more carefully, mechanics and all.

I think fathom is right. Danks looks worn down to me. His mechanics look it, the results look it.

I do NOT however agree with fathom about this team and 2004 - very different teams.

No 5th starter now.

Offense starts to press, and doesnt get the homers anymore.

Bad situational hitting

Bad defense

Twins start to push past.

Kind of looks like 2004.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
this team giving up a ton of runs with two outs lately.

we really have...and those are back breakers....especially on the road, meanwhile every time we have had a guy on with 2 outs...seems like we pop it up

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)
Our organization believes that hitters are finished products, and they should work on hitting the ball hard. The rest of the baseball part should of been covered in college and high school. They model all swings after Joe Borchard. And make sure we trade away all players that have any resemblance of a line drive swing.

I look at the line-up and see Swisher in LF, not a product of the White Sox organization, Owens in CF, a semi-product of the White Sox organization, but certainly not with a "Borchard swing", Dye in RF, not a White Sox product. Crede at 3rd, perhaps you have an argument there, Cabrera at SS, not a product of the White Sox organization, Ramirez at 2B, his first year in the USA, Konerko at 1b, not a product of the White Sox organization, Pierzynski at C, a product of Minnesota, and Thome at DH not a product of the White Sox organization. If you have a beef, it should be with KW for acquiring players that play a way you don't like. Evidently there are several other organizations that must teach the "Borchard swing" if your statement has any validity, which I believe it doesn't.