Sarah Palin

YASNY

QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
I don't buy it either. If it were true, they probably wouldn't be in the process of suing the Enquirer right now.

well of course you sue. It makes you look innocent. I'm not implying it's true, but celebs sue all the time over stories they dont like... until it's proven to be true.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
well of course you sue. It makes you look innocent. I'm not implying it's true, but celebs sue all the time over stories they dont like... until it's proven to be true.

If Palin had an affair, it would've been disclosed already, as the info about her daughter's pregnancy was disclosed. They wouldn't let the Enquirer break the news on the eve of her speech.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
If Palin had an affair, it would've been disclosed already, as the info about her daughter's pregnancy was disclosed. They wouldn't let the Enquirer break the news on the eve of her speech.

you can do your best to cover up an affair, but you cant cover up a pregnant teen ager.

On a side note: this topic as seen enough discussion. I suggest we end it now before it goes too far.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 03:17 PM)
you can do your best to cover up an affair, but you cant cover up a pregnant teen ager.

You don't even attempt to cover up an affair at this point in an election, especially with the combined war chests of Obama and Soros doing a background check on you.

The only way that this is true is if Palin lied about it during the vetting process.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
Suing for what exactly?

Good luck proving a slander/defamation case, the test for a public figure requires malice (actual knowledge of the falseness of the statement).

I don't think the point is to win, it's to show that you're willing to deny the claim under oath.

These are sourced from enemies of Palin, and the affair supposedly happened a while ago. Bold prediction: No retraction, no lawsuit that goes to trial, thing just fizzles out.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
It wouldn't surprise me, given that Hillary's brother allegedly met with a senior McCain campaign worker about a week and a half ago. Hell, there could've been outright collusion between the two camps.

I read a lot of Dick Morris' columns, who (despite being a biased Republican) is pretty honest in his analysis and is very insightful. He'd been pushing HARD for Hutchinson for weeks (and Lieberman, prior to Biden getting the nod) and I suspect that the McCain campaign got the message that they really needed to shake things up and do something unconventional.

Wasn't Morris an advisor to Clinton back in the early 90's? and then his campaign manager? I know he has appeared on Fox alot but I believe that was because of his turnabout on Clinton, usually bashing Hillary. We all know Fox is evil, but merely being on it doesn't turn you Republican.

Well, they nailed Edwards. Or was it that Edwards nailed... oh never mind.

But I dont buy it (literally and figuratively). Too soon for this to break.

After weeks of the right saying The National Enquirer was credible they have to to backtrack completely. It's been so soon too, just a good show of partisan politics in America.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
After weeks of the right saying The National Enquirer was credible they have to to backtrack completely. It's been so soon too, just a good show of partisan politics in America.

With Edwards, the Enquirer had evidence. The other papers had evidence. The other papers did nothing, to 'protect' Elizabeth. You know, they liked Edwards. For this new bit, they may have something. But all they are doing right now is reporting that one of her enemys says it is true. Damn, if that's all it takes, I am gonna call them up and give them a tip that Obama wears Hello Kitty panties and parties every saturday with aliens! (The green kind, not the ones from south of the border) Then they can dispatch the Edwards team to see if that is true. After they put it on the front page, of course. Let them investigate. She busted a lot of heads up there. No shortage of enemies, I am sure. Hell, her own mother in law hates her because Palin wouldn't back her for election to mayor. Of course MIL is a life long democrat and very pro choice, opposite of Palin, so why should she?

With Edwards, the Enquirer had evidence. The other papers had evidence. The other papers did nothing, to 'protect' Elizabeth. You know, they liked Edwards. For this new bit, they may have something. But all they are doing right now is reporting that one of her enemys says it is true. Damn, if that's all it takes, I am gonna call them up and give them a tip that Obama wears Hello Kitty panties and parties every saturday with aliens! (The green kind, not the ones from south of the border) Then they can dispatch the Edwards team to see if that is true. After they put it on the front page, of course. Let them investigate. She busted a lot of heads up there. No shortage of enemies, I am sure. Hell, her own mother in law hates her because Palin wouldn't back her for election to mayor. Of course MIL is a life long democrat and very pro choice, opposite of Palin, so why should she?

This is the kind of thing I was referring to earlier when I said "This is funny..."

If tonight you hear Palin call out Washington for wastful spending or fighitng the "broken washington", remember this...

Wasilla City Council Informational Memorandum 99-62, prepared on June 14, 1999. This little gem outlines some of the state-funded projects that Wasilla City secured that year, including $1.2 million for storm water treatment and $605,000 for pedestrian pathways.

Then, slapped in the margin, former Mayor Sarah Palin — reformer extraordinaire — scribbled the following message:

FYI Thi
s
doe
s
not include our nearly one million Dollar
s
from the Fed
s
for our Airport Paving Project.

We did well!!!

As Laura pointed out earlier, John McCain didn’t think so. Indeed, The LA Times reported today that McCain was criticizing Palin’s earmarks at the time that his now-running mate was securing them.

palin-im99-62.jpg

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
Hell, her own mother in law hates her because Palin wouldn't back her for election to mayor. Of course MIL is a life long democrat and very pro choice, opposite of Palin, so why should she?

The mother-in-law was on Inside Edition today and was the complete opposite.

"Palin: “There is absolutely no question, I’m going to vote for the Republican ticket of John McCain and Sarah Palin.”

Palin: “Casual conversations get turned into things taken out of context which from my experience was extremely hurtful. As newcomers to this arena that’s a lesson were going to have to learn and I find that sad. … To have it twisted, I find it personally offensive.”

Palin: “I’ve supported her since Day One. … I’ve stood out on the parks highway in the cold waving signs, we’ve done fundraisers. We’ve consistently supported her in her political efforts up to today and will continue to do so.”

Palin also tells IE that the youngest son, Trig, who was born with Down syndrome, has only made the family closer.

Palin: “It’s pulled the entire family together because we have this special child.”

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
The mother-in-law was on Inside Edition today and was the complete opposite.

"Palin: “There is absolutely no question, I’m going to vote for the Republican ticket of John McCain and Sarah Palin.”

Palin: “Casual conversations get turned into things taken out of context which from my experience was extremely hurtful. As newcomers to this arena that’s a lesson were going to have to learn and I find that sad. … To have it twisted, I find it personally offensive.”

Palin: “I’ve supported her since Day One. … I’ve stood out on the parks highway in the cold waving signs, we’ve done fundraisers. We’ve consistently supported her in her political efforts up to today and will continue to do so.”

Palin also tells IE that the youngest son, Trig, who was born with Down syndrome, has only made the family closer.

Palin: “It’s pulled the entire family together because we have this special child.”

Um, which Palin said what? I read earlier a newsstory quoting the mother in law that she was considering not voting for Sarah, and then it listed the facts that she ran for mayor after Sarah left, and lost. The earlier story very well could have been wrong, I am just trying to figure out who said what in your text above.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 08:56 PM)
Um, which Palin said what? I read earlier a newsstory quoting the mother in law that she was considering not voting for Sarah, and then it listed the facts that she ran for mayor after Sarah left, and lost. The earlier story very well could have been wrong, I am just trying to figure out who said what in your text above.

If it's her mother-in-law, it would mean it's her husband's mother, which would make her last name Palin, no? :)

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 07:56 PM)

Hmmm...

"The mother-in-law was on Inside Edition today....."

http://www.insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyID=2071

Palin E-Mails Show Intense Interest in Trooper's Discipline

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the running mate for GOP presidential candidate John McCain, wrote e-mails that harshly criticized Alaska state troopers for failing to fire her former brother-in-law and ridiculed an internal affairs investigation into his conduct.

The e-mails, never before made public, were shown to The Washington Post by a former public safety commissioner, Walter Monegan, who was fired by Palin in July. Monegan has given copies of the e-mails to state ethics investigators to support his contention that he was dismissed for failing to fire Trooper Mike Wooten, who at the time was feuding with Palin's family.

"This trooper is still out on the street, in fact he's been promoted," said the Feb. 7, 2007, e-mail sent from Palin's personal Yahoo account and written to give Monegan permission to speak on a violent-crime bill before the state legislature.

"It was a joke, the whole year long 'investigation' of him," the e-mail said. "This is the same trooper who's out there today telling people the new administration is going to destroy the trooper organization, and that he'd 'never work for that b****', Palin'.)"

Asked about the e-mails, Palin's campaign spokeswoman Maria Comella said that Palin was merely alerting officials to potential threats to her family and that there is no evidence that Palin ever ordered Wooten to be fired.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
Hell, her own mother in law hates her because Palin wouldn't back her for election to mayor. Of course MIL is a life long democrat and very pro choice, opposite of Palin, so why should she?

I don't see why any of that should matter for the office of mayor of Wasilla.