Sarah Palin

YASNY

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
Unless it's Chuck Norris or Ted Nugent.

No, they should shut up too. They're just as stupid as all of the rich and famous democrats who think their opinion should be heard and considered relevant.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)
Palin doesn't need to be swiftboated - she's a total disaster with just reprinting the truth about her record.

She's not a fiscal conservative (spending, earmarks, lobbyists, etc.)

She's lied on the stump repeatedly (the bridge, plane, chef, etc.)

She believes the Iraq War was sanctioned by God.

She's against abortion even in the cases of rape & incest.

She supports corrupt GOP Senator Ted Stevens.

Troopergate is real.

There's no media bias here - someone who is this bad at her job after only a year and a half is not a good choice for VP. The choice is clear.

That's exactly what makes this so disgusting. Palin is working for McCain... despite all the flaws, and the flat out lies that are being told, it's working.

I know it's a little too much to ask, but there should be penalties for false information being reported. This is false advertising, where are the slander lawsuits? I just feel the election system is screwed up when those who have no idea what they are voting for have the same amount of value placed on their vote as those who take the time to get educated.

However, that's a much much bigger and probably ridiculous idea that needs to be tapped into.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
I don't do grammar checks when I post here. It's hard enough to keep track of it when I have to, I'm certainly not going to waste my time here. Thanks for validating my point by going the route of grammatical criticism though. I'd love to know why you think the opinions of the rich and famous matter.

My point was if you are going to talk about what an idiot someone is (much less a Harvard educated person), perhaps you should demonstrate mastery of the English language in your critique.

I'm not saying I would be swayed by a person who is famous. My point is more that I won't listen to someone who doesn't understand his (presumably) native language's grammar.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
Was he in the middle of running again in his last year? Because if he wasn't, I would argue they weren't comparable because he'd essentially be lame duck.

You forgot an article in this post, so I guess no one is supposed to listen to your comments now?

Let's try to not play grammar police, because I'm sure everyone slips up every now and then, even you (obviously).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
You forgot an article in this post, so I guess no one is supposed to listen to your comments now?

Let's try to not play grammar police, because I'm sure everyone slips up every now and then, even you (obviously).

I love the grammar police. When all somebody can do is be critical of a grammatical faux pas, they are obviously having trouble finding something in the content itself to be critical of. It's also a sign of grouchiness, and I love when I annoy people.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:20 PM)
My point was if you are going to talk about what an idiot someone is (much less a Harvard educated person), perhaps you should demonstrate mastery of the English language in your critique.

I'm not saying I would be swayed by a person who is famous. My point is more that I won't listen to someone who doesn't understand his (presumably) native language's grammar.

That's it? I was expecting a better rebuttal than this. So grammar errors are no longer allowed. That's good to know, I'm glad you've never made one.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Ok, I'm the king of snark and Kaperbole ™, but can we please stop now? It's getting almost unbearable reading in here now - everyone is getting so petty, and it's not just this thread, it's pretty much this whole damn forum. If you've noticed, even I've stopped the over the top stuff because honestly, I'm annoying myself.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
I love the grammar police. When all somebody can do is be critical of a grammatical faux pas, they are obviously having trouble finding something in the content itself to be critical of. It's also a sign of grouchiness, and I love when I annoy people.

Hahaha.

I mean, it's a message board. If we were submitting articles for the Web or something, by all means let's double check our work.

But if I want to start a sentence with "But" or end a sentence with a preposition, I will because it's a damn message board to post your feelings on.

Ignoring comments by people who make a simple mistake because they don't care or are in a hurry only shows that you're out of retorts, imho.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
Ok, I'm the king of snark and Kaperbole ™, but can we please stop now? It's getting almost unbearable reading in here now - everyone is getting so petty, and it's not just this thread, it's pretty much this whole damn forum. If you've noticed, even I've stopped the over the top stuff because honestly, I'm annoying myself.

Lovin' the trademark.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)

There is no doubt this is true. It's a sign of just how close the presidential race is.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
That's exactly what makes this so disgusting. Palin is working for McCain... despite all the flaws, and the flat out lies that are being told, it's working.

I know it's a little too much to ask, but there should be penalties for false information being reported. This is false advertising, where are the slander lawsuits? I just feel the election system is screwed up when those who have no idea what they are voting for have the same amount of value placed on their vote as those who take the time to get educated.

However, that's a much much bigger and probably ridiculous idea that needs to be tapped into.

You really put trust in the party delegates to take care of that problem....but now they just automatically give the spot to whoever the presidential nominee chooses....its BS

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)

The posts on here are f***in hilarious. I like the screwed up system that gives the same value to my uneducated vote as your all worthy and wise one. There are no educated people that like Senator Palin. McCain and Palin will win this election because me and all my stoopid friends. It's so disgusting isn't it??

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 08:09 PM)
I try to get out, and you drag me back in! If you would have read the story, it says it was her first year vs his last year. So apples to apples.

AD, I really wasn't trying to be snarky, maybe my eyes failed me, but I couldn't find the link so I thought you'd forgotten. I must've missed it, they can be tricky sometimes.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
The posts on here are f***in hilarious. I like the screwed up system that gives the same value to my uneducated vote as your all worthy and wise one. There are no educated people that like Senator Palin. McCain and Palin will win this election because me and all my stoopid friends. It's so disgusting isn't it??

:notworthy I quit rolling my eyes in this thread about 10 pages ago and now I'm just laughing through the rest of it. It's my morning entertainment.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
AD, I really wasn't trying to be snarky, maybe my eyes failed me, but I couldn't find the link so I thought you'd forgotten. I must've missed it, they can be tricky sometimes.

I know. I go away for a few hours, and there were 6 new pages to read. Easy to miss things. You should have read the first reply i typed before I took a few moments to calm down from this thread and reread what i was replying to. ;)

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)

:lol:

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)

Russell Brand certainly thinks so. :D

Sell a Jet on E-Bay... OOPS! Not Palin's Idea:

This story in The Huffington Post got only a bit of attention yesterday, but it deserves a lot more. It appears that Sarah Palin's now-infamous decision to put the state-owned jet plane on eBay might not even have been her idea:

What i
s
left unmentioned i
s
that
Palin didn't come up with the idea to
s
ell the plane u
s
ing eBay in the fir
s
t place
. Moreover, becau
s
e of the unique purcha
s
ing term
s
of the aircraft -- which required the
s
tate to ma
k
e payment
s
amounting to $20,000 per month even if the jet wa
s
n't in u
s
e -- the deci
s
ion not to hire a bro
k
er to help
s
ell the property appear
s
in hind
s
ight to have been a co
s
tly mi
s
ta
k
e.

Before the Ala
s
k
a Republican too
k
office, it wa
s
s
omething of a
s
tandard operating procedure for the
s
tate to try to
s
ell
s
uch big-tic
k
et item
s
u
s
ing the online auction
s
ite. Official
s
had been doing it
s
ince at lea
s
t 2003, three year
s
before Palin became governor.

"
It wa
s
the practice of the
s
tate to di
s
po
s
e of item
s
s
uch a
s
thi
s
via eBay prior to li
s
ting the jet
," Vern Jone
s
, Ala
s
k
a'
s
Chief Procurement Officer, ac
k
nowledged on Tue
s
day.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

You know, I really don't care if Sarah Palin decided to sell the jet on eBay or not. Nor do I care, much, about her standing up to the bridge to nowhere. I also don't care if that trooper gets fired, and in fact, it sounds like he needed to be. These are all very minor things.

But what is building up to be an actual issue is the fact that the McCain/Palin campaign is just plain lying about these things. Repeatedly. They are being dishonest about them. And that bothers the hell out of me.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
But what is building up to be an actual issue is the fact that the McCain/Palin campaign is just plain lying about these things. Repeatedly. They are being dishonest about them. And that bothers the hell out of me.

Kinda sounds like the last 8 years huh? Lie to get your way.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
LOL...speaking of celebrities and their role in politics, check out this snippet from Matt Damon:

And Yes, I agree, most celebrities should be ignored when voicing their political opinions.

EDIT: And when I say "ignored" I mean that their opinions shouldn't sway voters.

But he's got a point, no?