Sox @ Indians 9-3-08

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing I noticed in the Rays series was that there relief pitchers just challenged our hitters,they just threw strikes,all of them....our guys look like they are forever trying to pitch around hitters or is it that they just can t throw strikes to save their lives?linebrink warming up

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
Why can Owens get the useless start but Phillips could not. I assume Phillps has had more consistent AB's compared to Toby through out the year and the power numbers couldn't be any worse.

At least Phillips should take away the excuse of not PH'ing for the catcher late in the game since there is no real emergency one. If AJ is up in a spot where a RH should be PH'ing, then it has to happen

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
If Linebrink shuts down the 8th i'll be gitty! Because then we actually have hope going down the stretch run.

I agree, but if he comes in and loses the game for us, it is gonna take away just as much hope for the rest of September as well

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 12:38 PM)
It actually looks like Guillen is trying to lose in this series with the line-ups and Boone Logan sightings. I understand Carraso didn't look great last night but what the hell.

This game is solely on the offense which has scored more than 4 runs twice in the last 12 games.

DJ did pitch 2 scoreless I believe, Ozzie had him start his 3rd inning, which I thought was fine, but didn't seem like anyone was warmed up and when he got into trouble he was stuck

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 12:41 PM)
DJ did pitch 2 scoreless I believe, Ozzie had him start his 3rd inning, which I thought was fine, but didn't seem like anyone was warmed up and when he got into trouble he was stuck

Sorry I forgot about that. That makes him unavailable today. Thanks.

Also Linebrink's results today are meaningless as it is his first live action since Independence Day or thereabout. If he gets pounded it could be rust.

Real bad managerial move either way. McDougal looked pretty good, give him a shot or Jenks for two. I get the feeling Jenks will come in midway through the 8th afte Linebrink gives up a hit and walk and then blow the game.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)
Why can Owens get the useless start but Phillips could not. I assume Phillps has had more consistent AB's compared to Toby through out the year and the power numbers couldn't be any worse.

Here you go, so you don't have to assume...

Phillips stats at Charlotte

Hall's splits

Bottom-Line... Phillips AAA production is pretty close to Hall's MLB production.

But... Hall's splits against lefties are very good.

Advantage - Hall.