Is Quentin getting a break?

wilmot825

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 3, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
He's had an injured forearm. I don't think its super serious but its obviously an issue. You don't sit the MVP of the team for two consecutive games if it isn't bothering you a pretty good amount.

I think this was mentioned either on WGN by Hawk or by Buck Martinez on TBS last week. One of them said that it looked like CQ was not getting good swings on the ball and they wondered if he was hurting.t was like he was pushing the ball rather than crushing it real hard

I just read that he's out til Monday. Yuk.

Read Mark Gonzales' fine copy and weep:

Win and survive.

That’s the White Sox’s theme for the remaining 23 games this season after a patchwork lineup and the pitching of Javier Vazquez and Bobby Jenks produced a 4-2 victory over the Indians on Wednesday and kept them in first place in the American League Central.

The Sox’s task becomes even tougher with the strong possibility that slugger Carlos Quentin probably won’t be available until at least next week’s Toronto series—and maybe much longer.

“That’s our hope,” manager Ozzie Guillen said of a return Monday by Quentin, who has 36 homers but has been hampered by a sore right forearm near his wrist.

Quentin left quickly after the game and was unavailable for comment.

The Sox displayed a sampling of the future without Quentin, Joe Crede (lower back stiffness) and A.J. Pierzynski and Jim Thome, each of whom got a break from the lineup.