Wise Reinstated

Heads22

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
He's still behind Swisher, Dye, Griffey, and Owens on the depth chart. Throw Wise in and he's a sixth OF.

I'd say behind the first three, but he is the #1 defensive replacement. IMO, he still has a very valuable role. Plus, Owens and Wise can't hit lefties and BA is a power hitter against them. And really Swisher/Griffey suck against lefties, too.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
I'd say behind the first three, but he is the #1 defensive replacement. IMO, he still has a very valuable role. Plus, Owens and Wise can't hit lefties and BA is a power hitter against them. And really Swisher/Griffey suck against lefties, too.

It makes no sense to have 6 OFers. Wise is definitely still going to play as they'll use him as the #1 pinch runner. Owens is going to be the #4 OF because Ozzie's dumb enough to use a AA player who sucks over a pretty decent choice in BA. Then there is Dye, Griffey, and Swisher.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
It makes no sense to have 6 OFers. Wise is definitely still going to play as they'll use him as the #1 pinch runner. Owens is going to be the #4 OF because Ozzie's dumb enough to use a AA player who sucks over a pretty decent choice in BA. Then there is Dye, Griffey, and Swisher.

I don't agree. BA, Wise and JO give the team some flexibility