Game Thread 09/07/08

kapkomet

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 04:32 PM)
Agreed, that was over the top. I don't understand the hate for Hawk in this forum though. I watch all the games on MLB.TV and I get to see all the announcers for all the teams and most of them are absolutely pathetic with personalities of a grapefruit...at least Hawk has some personality

That's great, he has personality, but he's a terrible announcer.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
Agreed, that was over the top. I don't understand the hate for Hawk in this forum though. I watch all the games on MLB.TV and I get to see all the announcers for all the teams and most of them are absolutely pathetic with personalities of a grapefruit...at least Hawk has some personality

I could really do without replays of every single close pitch that's not called our way.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)

The other announcers across the league are 100% more insightful than Hawk.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
So much for "losing Quentin won't be so bad if get Linebrink back" because Linebrink looks like trash with his floating 90mph fastball.

All you had to do was read the comments by Ozzie to know that Linebrink was going to have nothing on his pitches when he returned.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 04:33 PM)
The other announcers across the league are 100% more insightful than Hawk.

Another thing is when you tune into a game already in progress. With professional announcers, you'll be updated on the current situation. With Hawk, you'll hear him b**** about a pitch from 3 innings ago. Or you'll hear about Catfish Hunter.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
Or members of Hawks Bosox team that have nothing to do with our team, its history, or Chicago.

Agreed, which is why it was great when Plesac, Ventura, or Blackjack did our games. They were talking about players you actually cared about.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
his stuff may not be 100% but hes painting corners at 91...ill gladly take that

He hasn't pitched in a couple of months and didnt have a rehab stint. The fact he is breaking 90 is definately worth it. In 2 weeks his arm will be back. Just needs more work.