9/9: White Sox vs Blue Jays, DH G1: 1:05, CSN

Kalapse

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
And the usual Vazquez 6th inning tank job.

Yeah, but this game is on the offense. They have been absolutely embarassing, pathetic, useless, whatever you want to call it. If not for the Blue Jays doing us several favors, we'd have come nowhere near a run today and might even be in the process of being no hit.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
Yeah, but this game is on the offense. They have been absolutely embarassing, pathetic, useless, whatever you want to call it. If not for the Blue Jays doing us several favors, we'd have come nowhere near a run today and might even be in the process of being no hit.

Well, Burnett has been incredibly nasty, so I wouldn't quite use all those adjectives, but our offense is really struggling right now.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Just checked over at WhiteSox.com and they have like the worst poll ever..

"Who would make the best president?"

Thome

AJ

Dye

Paulie

BA

ridic

I'd vote for Swish. He had the whole fanbase fooled into thinking he was something he's not (a good hitter) coming into this season. Sounds like a perfect president to me.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
They need to stop showing the "it's amazing what a bunt can do" commercial.

yeah no kidding....actually all those commercials are terrible...not sure if its brooks boyer who has input or at least oversees those commercials but if it is he's done just an awful, awful job

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
They need to stop showing the "it's amazing what a bunt can do" commercial.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great if they compile all of our unsuccessful bunts and play them.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:30 PM)
Well, Burnett has been incredibly nasty, so I wouldn't quite use all those adjectives, but our offense is really struggling right now.

Burnett has been nasty today, but we've given away a lot of at bats. The only reason his pitch count is about 110 right now instead of 80 is self-induced failures by Toronto.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
yeah no kidding....actually all those commercials are terrible...not sure if its brooks boyer who has input or at least oversees those commercials but if it is he's done just an awful, awful job

If there's anything you'd use to describe Brooks Boyer, it shouldn't be "he's done an awful job."