9/9: White Sox vs Blue Jays, DH G1: 1:05, CSN

Kalapse

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
An .814 career OPS makes you a productive offensive player. But there is a big difference between a good hitter and a productive offensive player. Adam Dunn is a very productive offensive player, but he's a mediocre hitter, and on the other side, Juan Pierre is a very good hitter, but not a productive offense player between the lack of power and all the caught stealings.

So being a good hitter means you have to make some sort of contact on the ball even though you dont really have the ability to see the location of the ball nor have the discipline of being able to lay off bad pitches? Hmmmm Or is it just BA with you? regardless of OBP or SLG?

Edited by RockRaines

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 03:53 PM)
OK, with those definitions I will agree with you, but I would take Adam Dunn over Juan Pierre everyday of the week and twice on Sunday

So would I. My point is that Dunn and Swisher aren't good hitters at all, but they hit for power and draw walks. That is far more important than hitting for average, but I am responding to the orginal idea that Swisher has a "proven track record as a godd hitter". He doesn't at all.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 02:53 PM)
Gotta laugh at AJP getting pr for by Owens. I guess Ozzie hasn't realized he could have just ph for AJP and have someone bunt. I'm pretty sure that Bouregois is a fantastic bunter.

He's better than AJ, s*** Jerry is better than AJ.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
So would I. My point is that Dunn and Swisher aren't good hitters at all, but they hit for power and draw walks. That is far more important than hitting for average, but I am responding to the orginal idea that Swisher has a "proven track record as a godd hitter". He doesn't at all.

OK, I was using "hitter" as a generic term for person who produces offensively. Swisher has a track record for producing offensively in MLB