Kim Jong Il, Ill?

southsider2k5

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/09/0...=rss_topstories

Missing Kim Jong Il raises health questionsStory Highlights

No sign of President Kim Jong Il at parade marking 60th anniversary of N. Korea

U.S official says it is possible he has suffered a stroke

Kim has previously denied reports he has heart disease and diabetes

North Koreans filled Pyongyang square for parade of paramilitaries, Kyodo reports

Next Article in World »

Read VIDEO

PYONGYANG, North Korea (CNN) -- The absence of the North Korean president from Tuesday's parade celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Communist nation has revived questions about Kim Jong Il's health.

Thousands of North Koreans watched the military parade in Pyongyang.

1 of 2 A U.S. intelligence official told CNN Tuesday that Kim has been suffering from serious health problems, and may have had a stroke.

U.S. National Security Council spokesman Gordon Johndroe said the White House is aware of the reports, but has no additional information.

There have been reports that Kim suffers from heart disease and diabetes but he has denied these.

Filling in for him at the parade was the second-in-command of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Yong Nam, said Naoko Aoki of Japan's Kyodo news agency, who reported from the event.

Kim also was absent at events on the eve of the anniversary, including a meeting of government officials, Aoki said.

North Koreans filled Pyongyang's main square, which can hold about 100,000 people, she said.

Participating in the parade were paramilitary troops, which are not part of North Korea's regular army -- there were no members of the regular army, navy or air force, Aoki said.

There were anti-aircraft and anti-tank artillery on display, but no tanks or missiles, she added.

Kim also holds the post of supreme commander of the Korean People's Army.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 10:24 AM)
I read about this a day or two ago and wasn't sure what to make of it. Very frightening, and very possible.

In reality, how much worse could PRNK be? They have literally starved millions of people to death and been a thorn in the side of the entire world. What could happen, a madman steps in for him? Oh wait...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 11:53 AM)
In reality, how much worse could PRNK be? They have literally starved millions of people to death and been a thorn in the side of the entire world. What could happen, a madman steps in for him? Oh wait...

Well, Kim still had somewhat of a world view. These doubles may have never been outside of whatever city they are kept in. One bats*** carzy General whispering in their ears and suddenly South Korea is invaded. However, maybe of of these Kims could have a desire for peaceful reunification with the south?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
Well, Kim still had somewhat of a world view. These doubles may have never been outside of whatever city they are kept in. One bats*** carzy General whispering in their ears and suddenly South Korea is invaded. However, maybe of of these Kims could have a desire for peaceful reunification with the south?

In reality, I would be shocked if that happened. They know better than anyone else that most of their claims are full of s***. Even past that, they know that invading their neighbors would give the rest of the free world the chance to invade the North and kick them out of power, which is what they fear most IMO.

DAMN YOU, SS you beat me to making this thread by like 3 hours! As soon as I read this story I was all like "Kim Jong Il, Ill? and of course I meander my way over to soxtalk to like, I dunno totally go apes*** on the board and make people laugh... but alas I was beaten to the punch.

It will be interesting to see how PRNK plays this, and as stated previously... you have to wonder who controlling the country while Kim Jong is sick. This country has the largest standing military in the world (if you include pebble throwing men, women, and children) and all we need is some goofy bastard to get any ideas.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
DAMN YOU, SS you beat me to making this thread by like 3 hours! As soon as I read this story I was all like "Kim Jong Il, Ill? and of course I meander my way over to soxtalk to like, I dunno totally go apes*** on the board and make people laugh... but alas I was beaten to the punch.

It will be interesting to see how PRNK plays this, and as stated previously... you have to wonder who controlling the country while Kim Jong is sick. This country has the largest standing military in the world (if you include pebble throwing men, women, and children) and all we need is some goofy bastard to get any ideas.

:)

I would bet money that the PRNK army would desert quicker than Saddams army did in Gulf War. They are hungry, scared, and ignorant of the world around them. Especially after they got into SK and saw that life didn't have to be a day to day bet, they would be gone in heartbeat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
:)

I would bet money that the PRNK army would desert quicker than Saddams army did in Gulf War. They are hungry, scared, and ignorant of the world around them. Especially after they got into SK and saw that life didn't have to be a day to day bet, they would be gone in heartbeat.

Mike, I think you are technically a member of the PRNK army... you do own socks, shoes, and have various stones to throw at invaders correct?