Is it time to panic yet?

whitesoxfan101

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep were in trouble. our hottest hitter goes down (who knows how serious). We already lost the 2 allstars of the team (1 being the MVP of the league). And now the blackhole of the rotation is being more and more apparent as Richard is starting to get lit up. The next 2 are now must wins as we are only 1 game up and the Twins are playing the loley Royals at the Baggie dome.

I'm definitely panicking. I would have been wetting myself even without the loss of Konerko (earlier Quentin) AND losing 1 1/2 games in one night.

I guarantee Konerko is gone for the season. He's slow perfectly healthy. How is he supposed to assist our offense with an injury which may limit his mobility....even more?

I just believe it's this simple -- if we reach the offseason, it'll be because of the pitching. And with that, you can't have Richard wetting himself every five days.

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
Start? LOL.

There have been people on here panicking for months.

Every game we lose there are people bungee-jumping off of ledges.

I'm sure the usual suspects will be lining up.

I have been skeptical of this team all season. However I never even considered "paicking" until the Quentin injury. To be honest, the Quentin injury made me panic. The events of today make me think the Twins are now the clear favorite. This will be a day looked back upon in infamy for a while if we can't win the division, as will be the day Quentin injured himself. One thing I will say is that with as many dumb things as this team does, it is fitting our best player KNOCKED HIMSELF out for the season.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Not until the Twins are ahead of us in the standings. However, I felt like the season ended with Konerko's injury from a psyche standpoint.

What? The season ended with CQ's injury assuming you had winning the World Series as your goal.

Backing into the playoffs isn't anything to write home about.

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
Start? LOL.

There have been people on here panicking for months.

Every game we lose there are people bungee-jumping off of ledges.

I'm sure the usual suspects will be lining up.

These are almost all talking points of the baseball retarded. Yeah, people have been panicking for months.....except, they haven't. Go back on the loser threads within this forum and copy/paste as many bungee jumpers as you can. It isn't nearly as rampant as even 2005.

There's quite a bit of difference between a series sweep from the Cubs (which many were upset with), and the loss of two offensive players -- in September -- coming off a night where 1 1/2 games are lost and our lead is down to one game.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 02:58 AM)
What? The season ended with CQ's injury assuming you had winning the World Series as your goal.

Backing into the playoffs isn't anything to write home about.

Wait until Tony sees this one. I just want this team to make the playoffs. Not for one second has it seemed like this is the White Sox's year to win the World Series.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:57 PM)
As someone pointed out in the game thread, it's 5 years to the day of The Paniagua

Ahh yes, the most overrated "disaster" in Sox history. Hawk started it with his mass paranoia, and people bought in. We did WIN that game, and lost the next two because typical Sox killers Brad Radke and Johan Santana pitched. Hate that people still think that is why we lost the division. We lost it because we were swept at Minnesota (the Loaiza flu game was not good) and then lost 2 of 3 at home to the Royals.

ehh it'll definitely be tougher now. We just need more help now than we would have before. Tampa Bay needs to get their s*** together, Lee needs to pitch in the Cle series, and we need to not choke in the s***tra-dome.

That TB series is huge. It should be big for both teams and the Rays need to do f***ing work and get 3 of 4.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 09:59 PM)
Wait until Tony sees this one. I just want this team to make the playoffs. Not for one second has it seemed like this is the White Sox's year to win the World Series.

With Quentin, I would have felt they were capable of getting hot at the right time (see 2006 Cards team). I still thought they were below the 3 other AL playoff teams with Quentin. Without Quentin, they're probably 7th best AL team.

I don't think this team can beat good pitching without Q.

Geez...guys are playing like crap again...and came up against a VERY hot team. Times like these I wish I could see some threads back in Sept of '05. I think I'm gonna look at the rest of this year like I did watching the Bears this past Sunday. Didn't expect very much...nor for the whole season...but if they did well...it's all gravy. It was actually a pretty relaxing way to go. I'm tired of being friggin uptight and tense because of "what the Sox did". I think my family's sick of it too. If we do it...we do it. And again...nobody even REMOTELY expected this team to be in this position when the year started.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
Think on the bright side...we're still up 1 game! A week ago, that seemed to be a huge lead. I don't even want to think of how we'd be if the Sox were 1 game out.

It'd be the exact same.

WTF is the difference? Who cares if we're up 1 or down 1 now? Are you excited about this team's prospects going forward?

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 03:05 AM)
It'd be the exact same.

WTF is the difference? Who cares if we're up 1 or down 1 now? Are you excited about this team's prospects going forward?

I sure sleep a lot better at night when the Sox have a 1 game lead compared to being out a game and trying to figure out where they'll make the game up.