Hmmm Pedicures

Texsox

I hate feet because everyone has nasty feet in my eyes.

I hate my own feet.

And I heard they shave the bottom of your feet down so much it hurts to walk on them the next day.

EDIT:Oh yeah I left out my point,lol,no one should be subjected to another persons feet.

Edited by shipps

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)
I hate feet because everyone has nasty feet in my eyes.

I hate my own feet.

And I heard they shave the bottom of your feet down so much it hurts to walk on them the next day.

EDIT:Oh yeah I left out my point,lol,no one should be subjected to another persons feet.

I get pedicures all the time and have never heard of such a thing.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 11:00 AM)
I get pedicures all the time and have never heard of such a thing.

Thats probably why it doesnt bother you.

The people that told me get them like twice a year and would make their feet more sensitive to that kind of thing.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 10:09 AM)
Thats probably why it doesnt bother you.

The people that told me get them like twice a year and would make their feet more sensitive to that kind of thing.

No, I've never heard of getting the bottom of ones foot shaved. At no time during a professional pedicure does something that would shave anything touch the bottom of the foot. That is not normal, or right I think.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
No, I've never heard of getting the bottom of ones foot shaved. At no time during a professional pedicure does something that would shave anything touch the bottom of the foot. That is not normal, or right I think.

Alright,so I asked some of the ladies here at work if this foot shaving thing exists and they say it does.

There is normally some kind of buffer tool that is somewhat like a smaller version of a cheese grater that shaves down some of that thicker skin on your heel.

All this foot talk is making me sick.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)

Sure they do, they use that vegetable peeler thing on the rough parts of your heel.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
Alright,so I asked some of the ladies here at work if this foot shaving thing exists and they say it does.

There is normally some kind of buffer tool that is somewhat like a smaller version of a cheese grater that shaves down some of that thicker skin on your heel.

All this foot talk is making me sick.

I agree. That sounds absolutely nasty and if someone came at me with one I would kick them in the face.

Steff, my heels were beyond pumice stone. They used a large file,

Pedicure_tool.jpg

which looked a lot like a mill bastard file, to knock down the areas around my heels. But not so much it was at all painful to walk. In fact one pair of shoes I was wearing yesterday felt so much better with a little extra room.

After two months of having my feet in and out of salt water for 12 hours a day and wearing nothing but Tevas and flip flops my feet looked, and felt, like hell.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)

I bought my girlfriend the "Ped Egg" for our anniversary (no joke, we wanted to go cheap and thats what she wanted) but that is basically a cheese grater for your foot. It sounds nasty and leaves foot powder in it after she's done.

As for pedicures, I don't even like getting foot massages, just soemthing about people touching my feet...I dont know maybe I am strange.

So I asked the ladies about these scraper things and they said they don't use them # 1. because they are not safe - because they can cut into the skin too deep - and # 2. that there is no way to appropriately sanatize the blade between customers. One of the techs said where she formerly worked at she was given 1 blade a day. Ick!

They also said the that the pumice stone and some elbow grease is all that's needed to get dead skin off the bottom of the feet. Tex, I would not go back to that place.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
So I asked the ladies about these scraper things and they said they don't use them # 1. because they are not safe - because they can cut into the skin too deep - and # 2. that there is no way to appropriately sanatize the blade between customers. One of the techs said where she formerly worked at she was given 1 blade a day. Ick!

They also said the that the pumice stone and some elbow grease is all that's needed to get dead skin off the bottom of the feet. Tex, I would not go back to that place.

Thanks Steff,

Interesting, everyone I spoke with down here reported either the file or an electric version. I'll have to check around. I will say the tool looked pretty clean to me. She scrubbed it periodically while doing my feet. It didn't seem that much different than manicure tools.

The one blade a day thing is what confuses me. This wasn't cutting at all. I don't see how they could change any blades. Do they throw away the pumice stone after one use? The thing they used on me seemed more like that. A rough surface, not a cutting surface. More like if they cut the pumice stone thin and added a handle. God the more I think about it, if it is a blade, I'd get the hell out of there in an instant.

Plus did I mention the massage chair?

Oh yea, you had the file not the scraper thing. I would guess that's like the stone. At my place they boil the stones and take a nice hot one out for each use. And they put the dirty ones in disinfectant before they are boiled. The razor thing they described sounds like a carrot or potato peeler. :huh

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
Oh yea, you had the file not the scraper thing. I would guess that's like the stone. At my place they boil the stones and take a nice hot one out for each use. And they put the dirty ones in disinfectant before they are boiled. The razor thing they described sounds like a carrot or potato peeler. :huh

That blade thing sounds scary :o I can't even begin to think why they would want to cut when the file or stone works pretty quick. A hot stone sounds better than the file.

Well I could not believe they used blades, so I did a little research and found

Then he picked up one of his ten sharpened razors, lying in a row with all the charm of scalpels at a surgery, and I flinched.

Actually, I didn’t feel a thing as he removed the dead skin from the bottoms of my feet and cuticles with incredible precision and care. In comparison, the Western pedicure, using files and pumices, seemed as delicate as scrubbing grease off a pot.

http://blogs.iht.com/tribtalk/travel/globespotters/?p=258

Ahem, no thanks