Tigers @ White Sox 9-14-08 GM 1

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
I wonder if Stone can break down Catfish hunter, because Hawk has a skip in his record that requires him to mention him at least once in a broadcast.

ya know, i had an intern working w/ me last summer from boston. I told him to watch a sox game and listen for a mention of catfish hunter, because it would definitely come up.

He came in the next day shaking his head.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SnB @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
ya know, i had an intern working w/ me last summer from boston. I told him to watch a sox game and listen for a mention of catfish hunter, because it would definitely come up.

He came in the next day shaking his head.

+3

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 05:04 PM)
Our hitters aren't catching up to the Verlander fastball so far. This is a strange game, as everyone seems to be in slow motion.

Our hitters must believe that only a ball that flies over the fence can drive a runner in from second.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 05:05 PM)
It's why I was hoping this game would be postponed. Both teams can't be mentally ready to play after waiting around so much for two days.

Do you really think that this team, that puckers and swings harder and harder when the pressure is applied, would fare better waiting till after the season to play this game.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 11:06 PM)
Do you really think that this team, that puckers and swings harder and harder when the pressure is applied, would fare better waiting till after the season to play this game.

It's likely those games would never be played. If they were played, you'd have to give the advantage to the team that has a reason to win instead of a bunch of guys who have their bags packed for the next morning.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
It's likely those games would never be played. If they were played, you'd have to give the advantage to the team that has a reason to win instead of a bunch of guys who have their bags packed for the next morning.

I doubt if this thing gets settled till the last weekend.

I can understand why the Tigers seem to be a little lackadasical but the Sox seem to not really seem to interested in making anything happen.

Oh wait as DJ has stated they have not hit in three days hence they are rusty. What is the excuse for the week preceeding.

Verlander with an ERA of 9.45 in his has three starts..........