Waiting

CaliSoxFan

Living here in california I don't have the pleasure to see, hear, or read about the sox that often. Most of the news I get is from the internet ie. ESPN, Sporting News. With that said, Is it possible our buddy KW doesn't want to make any moves unil the Dec. 7th deadline passes. This would only make sense because the Sox would know how much will go to Frank either through a restructuring of his contract or a deferment. I say this because I feel he will be back. With him "out of the way" more emphasis can be paid for a starting pitcher, and/or maybe a trade. I know a lot of people want the young player to play, but what if the SOX brought in a veteran, and a high quality starter to solidify the rotation.

well just some thoughts

I'm all for bringing in veterans. I think this team needs a veteran pitcher and it wouldn't hurt to have a verteran backup catcher or starting centerfielder or even backup outfielder.

Of course it is a good idea to wait until the deadline. Until then the Sox don't really know what to do. They can't move Lee and then find out Thomas is gone.

I smell about 2 to 3 moves this offseason and thats it. Hopefully KW makes them worth while.

By the way its always good to see another fellow Californian on the Board. It sure is hot for being the weekend before Thanksgiving. Welcome Aboard

Of course if we bring in a top line pitcher or even just a good one, then to me Rauch should be our 5th man. I really like Jon and think he has the poise and ability to be sucessful right off the bat. He's got control, stuff, and as long as that arms healthy he should be here.

Guest hotsoxchick1

he already blew franks piggy bank wide open by signing the paulie deal..... he doesnt have any cash left to play with... i dont know whos ass hes blowing smoke up........the 7th can come and go and we will be the same reguardless........hes just using the frank thing as an excuse to why he will miss out on colon and others... by the time the 7th rolls around there wont be anyone left to get..............:**** kenny williams and all his lies and double talk.........

Konerko was getting the money either way. I still say the Sox gave him about 2 million a year too much, but ehh, Konerko is a great player.

As far as Thomas's money goes, it hasn't been given to anyone cause Thomas is most likely coming back. He hasn't gotten any offers from anyone and so far no team is really interested in him.