DJ....He Gone

fathom

I really don't get the DJ love. He doesn't provide anything. I guarantee everyone will change their tune about Hawk once Stone is in there to keep him honest and stop him from b****ing about umpires and tell pointless stories.

That said, if DJ is paired with a real PBP guy it would help him a lot. Basically, Hawk and DJ is just a bad pairing and DJ and Farmer would be even worse.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
I really don't get the DJ love. He doesn't provide anything. I guarantee everyone will change their tune about Hawk once Stone is in there to keep him honest and stop him from b****ing about umpires and tell pointless stories.

That said, if DJ is paired with a real PBP guy it would help him a lot. Basically, Hawk and DJ is just a bad pairing and DJ and Farmer would be even worse.

Have you ever heard DJ do a game on FOX? It was like night and day; he's not bad at all when freed from Hawk hell.

QUOTE (SmashROT @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
Seriously. DJ provides some of the most bland coverage I have ever listened to. He was a very average commentator and the fact he has made it this long in Chicago really amazes me.

Not a bad guy... but just doesn't bring anything useful to the broadcast aside from his insight on playing Japan.

I completely disagree.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:20 PM)
I don't think anyone said they're not a fan of getting Stone into the booth. That is clearly an improvement. I think people are angry that DJ is the one to go, and Hawk gets to stay and continue to suck.

OK... I can buy that.

I love Hawk, he's part of the White Sox and just might love them more than anyone...I don't want to see him leave and especially see him dismissed. However, I feel bad for DJ because he is obviously such a great guy and he's not bad as an announcer, as long as you leave the home run calls to Hawk. I'm sure I'll like Stone, but DJ's first year in the booth was the first time I really started watching the Sox (I would have been around 5 or 6 years old when DJ replaced Wimpy) so DJ is just part of the Sox experience for me.

I really hope he stays on in the radio booth.

I like the move...Stoney should keep Hawk in check...Hawk will get angry and leave in a few years (I don't think he has the power to force him out like Whimpy) and hiring Rooney for the TV PBP would be sweet...Rooney and Stone would be awesome....

I still love Hawk and wouldn't mind him staying til he's 90...he's a homer but he's our homer.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 13, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
Stone is the bridge to the future, a future without Hawk.

I look forward to the day where I don't have to hear Hawk's voice or see his beak-like nose on the television. I hope DJ says no to the Sox and goes to the Cubs or some rival of ours, because I can't stand the s*** that the Sox pull on people in the media. Oh well---here's to me wanting a younger voice when watching the Sox games. I wish DJ the best in wherever he goes.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
I look forward to the day where I don't have to hear Hawk's voice or see his beak-like nose on the television. I hope DJ says no to the Sox and goes to the Cubs or some rival of ours, because I can't stand the s*** that the Sox pull on people in the media. Oh well---here's to me wanting a younger voice when watching the Sox games. I wish DJ the best in wherever he goes.

What exactly are hte sox pulling on people? Steve stone is arguably the best color man in the game. He wants to work TV not radio. I applaud the sox for securing him

for six years. Hawk has been with us since Reinsdorf bought the team. You can argue he is getting old or even is fickle sometimes, but he is the whitesox. years ago people were complaining about DJ, and quite frankly he does nothing for me, but that said, the sox are not going to can hawk for DJ, seriously think about this. The sox offered DJ the radio gig because they want stone on TV. DJ can take it or find another job. Seems fair to me really, thats why there are contracts. When contracts are up, decisions need to be made. The radio booth has been influx for years, partly due to the Score being involved in the selecting and compensation model. You can always go and bring back Dave Wills although he may not want to come back.