Great Flood of 08

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 13, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Im pinned in Schaumburg right now. I live off Salem near the High school, all of the roads around me are blocked

I drove past there at noon and the only words that came to mind are words the get automatically censored on here. lol

HOw much over Salem is it? It was pretty bad even at noon.

On a side note: the subpumps at my church went out. yea... not good. there's water in our floor air ducts.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 13, 2008 -> 02:44 PM)
I drove past there at noon and the only words that came to mind are words the get automatically censored on here. lol

HOw much over Salem is it? It was pretty bad even at noon.

On a side note: the subpumps at my church went out. yea... not good. there's water in our floor air ducts.

There was a blockage at Salem and Schaumburg rd, and another on Salem rd behind Hellen Keller school. There were two blockages on Bode road as well.

The Cheap Trick-Heart-Journey concert at the First Midwest Amphitheater (formally Tweeter Center, formally New World Music Theater) was pretty funny. I was out in the lawn and it was POURING all night long. A bunch of people decided to turn the hill into one big, muddy slip-and-slide.

The weather channel said this morning that a lot of areas in Northern Illinois got 5-7 inches last night, were expected to get 1-2 more today, and Ike is still coming tomorrow. This has just been a ridiculous amount of rain.

And now my plans for the night are canceled because half of the roads in Tinley Park/ Orland are flooded.

Edited by StrangeSox

When I left my house today at 11 Am, the water was in 6 feet from my fence. I had to go from plainfield to Momence. Dad's birthday, not missing it for anything. Along the way I crossed the Des Plaines river and the Kankakee river, both hugely swollen. Went thru many 'puddles', took several detours, but got there. Going thru the farmland was wierd seeing all those little streams or ditches turn into swiftly flowing rivers. Just got home, there is now water about 10 feet in from my fence. For the first time i am glad my backyard has a steep grade.

There is high water on I-94 from Calumet Ave to Cline Ave. Taking main roads such as Torrence and Ridge Road is such a pain, especially when I have a v8 that will heat up when traffic is heavy. It was no fun to get from Tinley Park to Scherreville in 3 hours.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 07:13 AM)
I was in New Buffalo all weekend, the entire area near there and Mich City was flooded across main roads. SO I just spent more time at the Four Winds

Big stretches of I94 were closed out there. I drove over a couple of bridges over it, and it was UGLY.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 13, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
There was a blockage at Salem and Schaumburg rd, and another on Salem rd behind Hellen Keller school. There were two blockages on Bode road as well.

You must live right by where one of my friends lives, he lives on Sagamore about 2 blocks west of Salem.