Lehman Bros dropping the political cash

Texsox

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/pressclips/a...an_wasnt_to.php

As they circle the drain . . .

• Obama $370,000
  • McCain $117,000
  • Lobbying $800,000
And here's what the ultra liberal and presumably biased Village Voice has to say about the difference
Now it seems that Lehman has handed over many more cash-stuffed envelopes to Obama than to McCain. Takes a little edge off Obama's claim to be an agent for change.
Ouch. How biased.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:06 AM)
As much has been made of big oils money going to the GOP, the silent story for years has been big banking money and influence has gone to the Dems.

From what I have read, many in the banking industry have an interest in American - Israeli relations. That may also fuel those donations.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:06 AM)
As much has been made of big oils money going to the GOP, the silent story for years has been big banking money and influence has gone to the Dems.

And right now we have an epic problem with the banking industry. Greenspan is calling it a once in a century debacle. I think the federal reserve is going to have to stop these bailouts. Borrowing money from other countries to cover these corrupt corporations is a farce.

Or just firing up the printing presses I suppose. We need more money for bailouts!