Vazquez 2000 K's

DaveBrown85

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 05:13 PM)
Vazquez got his 2000 k today. Big deal for todays pitchers?

It seems every big even number is a big deal to someone. 100, 500, etc...

I like that it seemed like he didn't care and is taking care of business.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
Shot at 3,000? He's only 32, and he's one of the most durable pitchers in baseball. If he averages around 150 K's (that's being very conservative) a year and stays healthy, he should get 3,000 before he's 40.

more realistic to talk about 2500 K's, where would he stand on the all-time list at that point? how many pitchers right now have 2500 or more?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Javy over his last 7 outings: 2.27 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, 8.75 K/9, 1.86 BB/9, 0 HR, .540 OPS against. In his last 5 outings he's received, on average, 2 runs of support per game.

reminiscent of 2006 no?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
Oh yeah, just forget his career up to these last few games.

Last time I checked, we're in a pretty heated race for the central. At this point, all games have an impact, and to say these aren't "pressure" games is just ridiculous.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
Last time I checked, we're in a pretty heated race for the central. At this point, all games have an impact, and to say these aren't "pressure" games is just ridiculous.

So 7 games proves his "unclutchness" was just a fluke huh? I'll believe he has a pair when he goes 7 innings w/

QUOTE (BearSox @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)

I didn't even say that. Ha, what the f*** are you reading? I said his career up to this point shows he isn't good in pressure situations.