Sox vs Tigers - Game 2 - ESPN

Chisoxfn

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
I am going to try and be super positive right now, and hope Swisher and his terrible season will really motivate him to come back strong to start to the season. He has to be better than this. He has to, right?

For someone who walks so much over his career, you figure he has to have better pitch recognition than what we saw this year.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
I am going to try and be super positive right now, and hope Swisher and his terrible season will really motivate him to come back strong to start to the season. He has to be better than this. He has to, right?

One would think. It's not like 2007 was his rookie year.

The weird thing is that his skills should translate fairly well to the Cell- shorter porch, smaller foul territory.

Then again, Swish is more of a .250 hitter. The difference between where he is now and that level is only about 15 hits over the course of a season. Would those 15 singles make a big difference? Maybe the Sox are 1 game better (would loom big now), but it's hard to tell.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
The guy in the green shirt behind home plate at the Cubs game might be the dorkiest person alive.

That's funny. My young kids like to spot three folks in the seats behind home plate; Southpaw, "the M&M guy" and the "Green Dork."

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny