Obama scores HUGE supporter.

Steve9347

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:37 PM)
The same Barack Obama who admitted to expirementing with Cocaine and Marijuana is turning down Lohan because of her wild ways? Wow.

You're seriously surprised the Obama campaign would like to steer clear from Lindsey Lohan? GMAB

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
Using something he did as a reason? That's pretty two faced.

How so? Am I being two faced because I don't like to hang around certain types of people even though years ago I made some of the same mistakes they did? Seems like growing up to me. :huh

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
And spare the fake outrage. This is very petty even for you.

Actually it isn't even outrage. Its just a statement. There are much better things to be outraged about. Obama turning his back on more people doesn't really surprise me anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
Using something he did as a reason? That's pretty two faced.

If we are trying to put those two on the same plane, I think it is a stretch. I would rather have a President who made a mistake and stopped embracing that mistake then one who said, well I did it, so I have to continue to promote that agenda. It's no more two faced than telling your kids not to drive drunk if you have done it a time or two.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)
Actually it isn't even outrage. Its just a statement. There are much better things to be outraged about. Obama turning his back on more people doesn't really surprise me anymore.

Right. And I'm sure if his campaign decided to have Lohan in the forefront you'd complain that she is a terrible example to children across America and he has poor family values and judgment.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)

And as for the petty part, after reading the stuff that is posted and said by a couple of people, including yourself here daily, there really isn't much room to talk.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
Right. And I'm sure if his campaign decided to have Lohan in the forefront you'd complain that she is a terrible example to children across America and he has poor family values and judgment.

Why not, I get to read everyday about all of McCains missteps of the same vein. Has it stopped you and AHB from doing the exact samething?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:56 PM)
Why not, I get to read everyday about all of McCains missteps of the same vein. Has it stopped you and AHB from doing the exact samething?

So you are equating a campaign misstep with deciding not to have an actress with a terrible reputation be a voice for your campaign?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)
And as for the petty part, after reading the stuff that is posted and said by a couple of people, including yourself here daily, there really isn't much room to talk.

Did you just quote yourself?

While I appreciate the point of view that a campaign is stuck with its supporters, I do not have a problem with a campaign excluding anyone from "helping". There are elements of both candidates support base that they are embarrassed about. So if I want my guy to be able to exclude people, I have to allow Obama to as well. Anything else, to me, would be hypocritical. And I would jump all over Obama if he had a bunch of druggies making campaign appearances for him. To me it would mean he has not learned a lesson in that poor behavior and would be yet another reason I would not vote for him. I would not consider it any sort of loyalty test.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)

Look in the mirror much???