Is Sir Paul brave or stupid......

juddling

Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney's decision to perform in Tel Aviv has made him the target of a terror attack following a threat made against the singer by extremist Islamic leader Omar Bakri.

Bakri's threat was made in a weekly Internet broadcast from Lebanon, where he has lived in exile since being banned from returning to Britain. The 48-year-old Syrian national questioned the Holocaust's authenticity, and asked how McCartney could participate in the celebration of the independence of the Jewish state.

"Instead of supporting the people of Palestine in their suffering, McCartney is celebrating the atrocities of the occupiers. The one who is under occupation is supposed to be getting the help," Bakri said. "Our enemy's friend is our enemy," the Muslim leader told the Sunday Express.

"Thus Paul McCartney is the enemy of every Muslim. We have what we call 'sacrifice' operatives who will not stand by while he joins in a celebration of their oppression. If he values his life Mr. McCartney must not come to Israel. He will not be safe there. The sacrifice operatives will be waiting for him."

McCartney, who was apparently shocked by the threat, was determined to perform in Israel and refused to cancel his show. His spokesman responded by saying that McCartney intended to come with a "message of peace". On Saturday, McCartney said he was approached by several political groups who asked him to cancel the trip, but he declined.

Tough words to say to someone that was once bigger than Jesus!!!!!!!!

I'm of mixed mind on this. It's commendable to not cave to an extremist threat. At the same time, going on with a concert that has been threatened with violence puts an entire audience of innocents at risk.

I think the latter concern should outweigh the former in most cases, and i'd strongly reconsider doing this show.

Musical artists are always talking about world peace and they try to be political in their songs but its always bulls*** because the second that something like this happens they all run away and dont take any type of stand.

So I salute Sir Paul for being the dumbass that takes the chance against these crazy terrorists all for the sake of getting his lame music out.

If people went and hid every time they were threatened by terrorists everything would just come to a halt. I don't understand why these "Muslim Leaders" as they proclaim themselves always talk so tough when they are in exile thousands of miles away usually. I also find it amusing that they deem themselves worthy of speaking for all Muslims. Idiocy knows no bounds.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:30 AM)
Brave. Sir Paul has preached peace since his time with the Beatles and for anyone to say he's the enemy of ANYONE (besides his ex) is misinformed and irrational.

Exactly. This guy has been in favor of unifying people since day one. The idea that he is supporting one group over another is a joke.