9/16: White Sox vs Yankees, 6:05PM

DBAHO

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
If they go that route, they need some serious upgrades at other areas. What Uribe has done since Crede has gone down has been fantastic, but I'm going to let a month in a half take away from the last two plus years of Uribe being beyond terrible, almost getting cut for Ozuna.

I want Uribe back, I really do, but not as the starter.

Playing for a contract motivates all players..that being said I love what juany is doing!

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 07:43 PM)
He's so damn good! Looks like Ozzie will start Jenks in the 9th. Honestly, I'd rather see Dotel.

Yeah, I want the guy who is going to throw as hard as he can and have no idea where the hell it's going. Not to mention, I love when he throws 1 slider for every 13 fastballs.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
Owens serve a valuable purpose here on Soxtalk. We need a scapegoat. Now that Uribe's been pretty good lately we have Owens to fill that void.

That's kind of my thing. Fault Ozzie for playing Owens, totally with you all.

Fault Owens for existing, well, lets step back and see - ok he took the o fer today. It happens. Had it happened to Wise we'd be fine w/ it for the recent heroics.

Now one person argued that Ozzie should have started Owens over Swisher which is a new plateau for hilarity. Like Swisher has not been torn a new one all year as well.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
It's crazy that the outfielder/1b glut is not being solved by a Quentin injury, but actually being made more difficult with Wise/BA/Owens recent success. Until this game for Jerry, i'm thinking this marks the end for him.

Owens never had recent success. He was batting .300 with a few at bats and a couple cheap hits.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:41 PM)
If they go that route, they need some serious upgrades at other areas. What Uribe has done since Crede has gone down has been fantastic, but I'm going to let a month in a half take away from the last two plus years of Uribe being beyond terrible, almost getting cut for Ozuna.

I want Uribe back, I really do, but not as the starter.

No doubt...but Juan's gonna get some serious attention for a starter's role from a handful of teams this offseason. I really don't think (and I don't know...but he does like it here) if he had the choice for starters money...he wouldn't jump on it. He's proven to be a pretty valuable piece though.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)
That's kind of my thing. Fault Ozzie for playing Owens, totally with you all.

Fault Owens for existing, well, lets step back and see - ok he took the o fer today. It happens. Had it happened to Wise we'd be fine w/ it for the recent heroics.

Now one person argued that Ozzie should have started Owens over Swisher which is a new plateau for hilarity. Like Swisher has not been torn a new one all year as well.

Jerry Owens is a terrible baseball player who should be nowhere near a pennant race. And of course people are fine when someone who contributes has a bad game because that happens for all players. The problem with Owens is that he rarely has good games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
He's so damn good! Looks like Ozzie will start Jenks in the 9th. Honestly, I'd rather see Dotel.

I hope you are kidding, did you see him yesterday...that is when I turn the game off because I can't stand to watch. How about we pickup two more runs here.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
Jerry Owens is a terrible baseball player who should be nowhere near a pennant race. And of course people are fine when someone who contributes has a bad game because that happens for all players. The problem with Owens is that he rarely has good games.

Last September Owens was the one stringing good at bats together. This September it's Konerko and Uribe who were absolutely slammed ferociously for several months of this year.

Just sayin' it's a cycle and it looks silly having to keep reverting on past stances. At least when they're that ferocious.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)

Since he tries to bunt every at bat it is ridiculous that he couldn't even get a sacrifice down today. He did get the squeeze down last week but seriously what player in baseball tries to bunt every at bat...it is a joke...might as well hire a midget again to try to get walks.

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Since he tries to bunt every at bat it is ridiculous that he couldn't even get a sacrifice down today. He did get the squeeze down last week but seriously what player in baseball tries to bunt every at bat...it is a joke...might as well hire a midget again to try to get walks.

We prefer to be called little people.