The undecided voter, what would you say to convince them?

whitesoxfan101

I thought this would be an interesting thread. The campaigns have their ways at trying to convince undecided voters to vote for them. But to be honest I think you, the supporter of the Obama or McCain campaign, could do a better job. The reason I bring this up is actually quite personal. As much as I am obviously a righty on this board, I mean it when I say I only slightly lean to the right. In all honesty, I have become an undecided voter. Truthfully, I was 18 and registered to vote on election day in November of 2004. However, I ended up not voting because in my heart, I couldn't in good conscience vote for either candidate. I am starting to think the same senario will play out this year, with the exception of the fact I am now 4 years older. I feel that both parties are ignoring how I feel and don't understand my values and what I want. I would imagine there are others like me as well, who think the republicans are too far right and the democrats too far left. I figure since neither party can convince me I am wrong to think they are ignoring me, maybe somebody here can.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Of all the major issues (disregard all of the other sideshow bulls***), where are you on the political spectrum - which ones are left and which ones are right?

Where are you on foreign policy?

Where are you on the wars? (I honestly have come to the conclusion that there isn't nearly as much difference between Obama and McCain as they are playing it out to be, that's what campaigns do though

Where are you on the economy and taxes?

On education?

The Constitution?

Social issues, or the lack thereof?

Between the two candidates, is there anything they say about their intentions that you accept at face value? Do you agree with it - for example, do you believe McCain when he says the Republicans have done a poor job, and he'll bring the Republican party back to what it believes?