Gavin Floyd you are da man

greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
I agree with chisoxfan. I don't get the love for Swisher. I've been holding hope that he might at some point carry us whether down the stretch or hopefully if we make the postseason. Because of his personality I don't hate him, but he's not been a good acquisition yet.

It's because he's woefully underperforming, and hitting about 35-40 points below what they thought he'd be hitting. The thing about Swisher everybody loves is his OBP, but he doesn't even have that. A .250 average with 25ish homers is perfectly ok if your OBP is .375. But he's just plain not getting it done.

Basically, the player the Sox thought they were getting is not the player you see. That's why you don't get it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 07:48 PM)
Thome sucked for a portion of the year and than got his s*** together. Sure his season totals are hovering at one spot, but you can point to a long stretch where he has been quite productive.

By "a portion" do you mean May and September? Other than those two months, he's been pretty solid.

QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
By "a portion" do you mean May and September? Other than those two months, he's been pretty solid.

Yep and he was absolutely terrible those months. He was Swisher-esque and I b****ed and moaned big time for 2 months. Swisher has had like one hot streak the entire season, otherwise he has been one of the worse everyday players in the American League.