Late September and I really should be back in school

Texsox

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which has a greater share of your attention?

• Baseball! Pennant Fever. Football started???? When
    • Baseball = Football Multitasking
    • Football, NFL , College, It is finally here

It use to be so easy to be a multi-sports fan in Chicago. About the time the Sox season was mathematically over, the Bears started, about the time you knew the Bears sucked and would miss the playoffs, the Hawks and Bulls were getting going, and when their seasons blew up, it was time for pitchers and catchers to report.

The circle of life :gosoxretro:

And you missed my category...

Football? Maybe if no NHL hockey, minor league hockey, baseball, MMA, soccer, poker, pro bowling, comedy specials, CSI reruns, episodes of The Soup, wrestling, cooking shows, boxing matches, reality shows like The Ultimate Fighter, or local cable access video shows are on...

Edited by The Critic

Iam very dissappointed to find out that the Critic would rather watch the Essence of Emeril instead of football.

Do you get into his show like we do football games?

I could see you screaming at your TV "BAM!TAKE IT UP A NOTCH!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

love em both...watch both religiously and pay attention to meaningful scores from both on a daily basis...alot of my friends think march madness is the best time of the year...but nothing comes close to early fall IMO....

there was a time in my life where i enjoyed college football more than pro football, but i think its the other way around now...especially early in the season with all the crappy matchups...i know USC OSU was a good game (or at least it was supposed to be good) but when the second best game of the day is Wisconsin vs. fresno state...yawn....conveniently college football gets better when baseball is over

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
Iam very dissappointed to find out that the Critic would rather watch the Essence of Emeril instead of football.

Do you get into his show like we do football games?

I could see you screaming at your TV "BAM!TAKE IT UP A NOTCH!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The worst thing that ever happened to Emeril was the live audience.

When he had an in-studio show he was kind of a clutzy goof fumbling over his words. Very funny.

With the audience he got louder and dumber and threw completely unnecessary amounts of s*** into his dishes. Awful and not at all funny.

I've always found football to be utterly boring. Ironic, I know, given that I love baseball in part because of its leisurely pace.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
The worst thing that ever happened to Emeril was the live audience.

When he had an in-studio show he was kind of a clutzy goof fumbling over his words. Very funny.

With the audience he got louder and dumber and threw completely unnecessary amounts of s*** into his dishes. Awful and not at all funny.

Agreed.I used to love Paula Deans show until she went live.Her live show is disgusting,she will take a huge bite of something and right after try to tongue kiss whatever guest is on.Her food is crazy she puts 10 pounds of cheese and butter in every recipe.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:02 AM)
The food network begins and ends for me with Alton Brown. I love his shows.

Yeah his shows are great.I have his new series Feasting on Waves on the DVR but have yet to watch it.His other series he had when he went out on the road was a good watch so Iam guessing this one will be interesting also.

In general I'm a bigger football fan than a baseball fan, but at this time of year my interest in the baseball season tends to wane if the Sox aren't competitive in September. This year I'm paying more attention than usual because the Sox are in first late in the season, and I had low expectations of the Bears. In 2006, the Sox fell flat and didn't look to be going anywhere by this point, and the Bears came out firing on all cylinders looking like the best team in the NFL, so I barely noticed the Sox except for the occasional score check.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
You live in Texas. You clearly have a bias.

Im from Chicago, there is no bias

I just love football, much like everyone else in this country. Football is not only king in Texas, but pretty much the USA.

Some MONDAY night football games draw bigger or close to ratings as the World Series does.

Now I love baseball too, but football is just something else. Plus, baseball is 162 games almost playing EVERY day. Football is once a week for 16 games and playoffs. If I miss a weekend of football I cant stand it because its gonna be almost a week before its back. If I cant catch a Sox game no big deal they will be on tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day after that TWICE, and then the next day.

I would for sure watch a Sox playoff game over any regular season game for football though.