Are you bald or balding at a younger age than average?

shipps

I didnt realize that balding effects alot of the guys in their 20's until I actually hit my 20's.I always thought it was something that happens when you turn into an old man.But a large % of the guys I know that are my age are either completely bald already or are in the process of it.

I have my hair thankfully but Iam worried that I will lose my hair at a young age considering its genetic and most times skips generations.My father has all his hair at 48 but both my grandfathers lost their hair at a young age.

How do you look at your best when your bald?Do you shave all your hair off?Which could be a good look for some people.Or do you just go with it?And Iam going to assume that no one on here will admit to wearing a rug on their head.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Around 30 the crown area started to become bare. (I am currently 42) For now it is maybe golf ball sized. The hair I have now is almost all gray, but when I get out of the shower, I can see where it is thinned than the rest. I can see the crown Critic talks about. I am not going to go there. When the spot gets softball sized, it all comes off. No comb-overs, no crown.

My hair has really, really thinned out over the last year and a half (I just turned 23 a few weeks ago). It's not just a receding hairline or a bald spot, either. It's just much thinner overall. My older brother (27) has lost significant amounts of his hair already.

How do I deal with it? I cry myself to sleep.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 17, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
I didnt realize that balding effects alot of the guys in their 20's until I actually hit my 20's.I always thought it was something that happens when you turn into an old man.But a large % of the guys I know that are my age are either completely bald already or are in the process of it.

I have my hair thankfully but Iam worried that I will lose my hair at a young age considering its genetic and most times skips generations.My father has all his hair at 48 but both my grandfathers lost their hair at a young age.

How do you look at your best when your bald?Do you shave all your hair off?Which could be a good look for some people.Or do you just go with it?And Iam going to assume that no one on here will admit to wearing a rug on their head.

Geeze, I wonder who one of those friends is.....what an ass u are, LOL.

Well around 35 my very white skin on the back of my head that was protected by thick hair started to burn on long days out. Thats when I realized that my defense shield was going away. Of course I said to my wife, god I am starting to thin back there. She replies, what do you mean starting. You have been like that for a while. Isn't that a kick in the groin. Of course, I have a relative that started to bald at 23. So the fact that I have kept the defense shield in tact for this long I consider a blessing.

I always had thin or fine hair growing up, I knew it was coming. I told myself if it got to the point where it was extremely noticeable, it is all coming off.

I didnt bic my head, but I shave it with no clipper guard once every couple of weeks. I actually enjoy it better now, I dont have to worry about getting haircuts at the barber because I can do it myself, I dont have to brush my hair before leaving, etc.

No complaints, I am what I am. If you dont like it, thats your problem