Would it improve the 'buster . . .

Texsox

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would it improve the 'buster if before posting "Dems would" or "Reps would" we actually visualized the posters here who are Dems and Reps?

• Yes
    • No
    • Phone Book

I've been trying to think of Soxy, Rex, Balta, Jim before using the term 'Dems will' 'Dems think' etc. and to think of Kap, SS, YASNY, Jas before using the term 'GOPers think', and 'REPs will'. By personalizing it, I think some of the argumentative statements that are so incendiary would be better phrased, leading to better threads.

I've noticed that people like to attribute the actions/thoughts of 1 or 2 posters to an entire group of people. IMO that's a copout and it's a way to avoid having to think too hard/type a few extra words, and it comes across as condescending.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
I've noticed that people like to attribute the actions/thoughts of 1 or 2 posters to an entire group of people. IMO that's a copout and it's a way to avoid having to think too hard/type a few extra words, and it comes across as condescending.

That.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 06:39 PM)

Thats why I made that "Why are you what you are" thread a little bit back so you could tell where people were coming from.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
Thats why I made that "Why are you what you are" thread a little bit back so you could tell where people were coming from.

That was a good thread. Even still, people by now who post in here pretty often know who is a solid Democrat or Republican, who leans right/left, who has an independent streak, who is going to vote for whom and why, etc. yet you see ignorant comments like "you Obama supporters think" or "you GOP types are going to."

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 19, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
That was a good thread. Even still, people by now who post in here pretty often know who is a solid Democrat or Republican, who leans right/left, who has an independent streak, who is going to vote for whom and why, etc. yet you see ignorant comments like "you Obama supporters think" or "you GOP types are going to."

That gives me a thread idea...