9/18 Sox vs. Bombers - 6:05 pm, WGN

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 06:32 PM)
BTW, I'm curious to know, what does "Youth" bring to the lineup? Power, speed, clutch hitting? What does "youth" do to change the lineup?

I kind of addressed this already but I want someone who can still catch up to it. I feel like the heart of our order cant physically get the bat around like they used to. agreed, a 30 yr old guy who can still do this is fine by me. i just think we held onto some of these guys too long, when we still couldve retooled instead of totally dumped em. but maybe not,we'll see.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
If they can get a high obp guy in here somewhere else i'm all for this.

Hell if you need 2b for the incoming guy, try Alexei in CF.

Cabrera's not worth the money for a 3 year deal....his speed and range have declined too much. For one more season, okay.

The most logical move is for Ramirez to go to SS, where he's a "plus" player offensively and defensively. In CF, he's average offensively and probably defensively as well.

This game reminds me of 2006 when Vazquez was on a tightrope the entire game against the Yankees but somehow we won the game at home.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 06:33 PM)
If they can get a high obp guy in here somewhere else i'm all for this.

Hell if you need 2b for the incoming guy, try Alexei in CF.

I'm all for it as well, the only problem being is they thought Swisher was going to be there young CF with a high OBP and I'm sure they're not ready to give up on him just yet. So that only leaves 3B(if they want) and 2B/SS. And yes, I do realize there is a shortage of good SS's unfortunately. I just rather leave Alexei at 2B because he looks so fluid at it. We shall see though.

I wouldn't mind Orland Cabrera for 3 years either. Maybe you hope that Beckham makes it through the system quickly and put him at 3B instead of 2B. He'd be much more valuable there IMHO.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
I'm all for it as well, the only problem being is they thought Swisher was going to be there young CF with a high OBP and I'm sure they're not ready to give up on him just yet.

It's not ideal, but since Swisher is at least somewhat cheap, I dont have a problem w/ mixing him where possible. With Thome's back and Konerko being dinged up, I'm sure he'd have long stretches where we'd need him.

I guess because of that contract being pleasant, I'd love to get something for Swish to a cost-conscious team that wants a name. Read: KC... and they have a history of reclamation projects.

Edited by Princess Dye