9/18 Sox vs. Bombers - 6:05 pm, WGN

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
They've already done us a huge favor by picking up Guardado.

Runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs, Twins threatening to get right back into it again. Price looks like he will facing Mauer and Morneau in a pressure situation.

the Twins suck too,thay ain t gonna beat the Rays,fortunately for us

I think I can say that I hate this team and the only thing that keeps me interested is the that I hate the Twins even more (with the white hot intensity of a million suns) and I just want to see the Sox beat them in a pennant race just once. Of course, when they choke, I will burn my Konerko jersey on Constitution Avenue and probably get thrown in jail.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
Like we all thought, it will all come down to the series in Minny. At this point in time, all the Sox have to do is take 1 up there. Things could change however.

For the record, KC has won 7 in a row. At this point I would say winning 2 out of 3 there would be a miracle based on the way we're playing on the road. And then we'll walk into the lions den in Minny when we should have already clinched and instead only be up a game or two and then get our asses handed to us. What a bunch of b****es we are. What a colossal collapse this will be if/when it happens...sorry just need to vent here I am so pissed

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
Well....if the Twins can take 2 out of 4 on the road at TB, and come back from down 3, they deserve the playoffs more than we do.

Nobody in this division "deserves" to win this division, but by rule someone has to play in the playoffs. If the Twins manage not to lose 9 more games, there is a change they will make the playoffs.

Longoria with 3 homers.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 18, 2008 -> 09:21 PM)
How good did he look? I still haven't seen him pitch, and need to.

well im biased since i was at vandy when he was there and saw him pitch just about every home start and a handful of others that he starter....but he's filthy..randy johnson-esque slider....sits mid 90s usually and can run it up to high 90s....has a change that he rarely uses and a curve ball that i saw him throw maybe only 10 times ever, but he can at least show it to hitters