9/20 Sox v. Royals; 6:10PM CDT - WGN

Texsox

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
If the improbable happened and we choked this away, someone needs to lose their jobs. There is no reason what so ever that we lose this.

Even with a loss tonight (2 1/2 game lead with 7, maybe 8, to play) even a mediocre team should maintain this lead. If we go 4-4 (Det makeup game included) Minnesota has to go 7-1.

That's just a choke.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 01:58 AM)
If Ozzie had some guts he'd chew out Boone in front of everyone and announce that he's never pitching him again this season.

You would hesitate to cover 1st base as well if you've walked everyone you've faced recently.

And that's a wrap for me. This would be a pathetic effort in April. For it to be Septemeber and playing like this with what we have at stake? Inexcusable. And please greg, don't post some dumb article about how much passion Ozzie has because he yelled at the team and called them out for tonight's effort. Big deal. I could do the same thing.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
Nice hustle by Dye...turning a single into a double for Aviles. Pull the starters off the field.

It's just funny how ALL these hits are seemingly finding their way to Griffey or Dye, who are turning them into XBH. No one is hitting it around Wise, who atleast has speed in the outfield. Seriously, how many hits this game have been hit to LF?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:02 AM)
And that's a wrap from me. This would be a pathetic effort in April. For it to be Septemeber and playing like this with what we have at stake? Inexcusable. And please greg, don't post some dumb article about how much passion Ozzie has because he yelled at the team and called them out for tonight's effort. Big deal. I could do the same thing.

On 3 days rest, Vazquez/Buehrle/Floyd went 16 innings and allowed 14 runs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
And that's a wrap for me. This would be a pathetic effort in April. For it to be Septemeber and playing like this with what we have at stake? Inexcusable. And please greg, don't post some dumb article about how much passion Ozzie has because he yelled at the team and called them out for tonight's effort. Big deal. I could do the same thing.

And to add on, please, no one compliment Davies. It don't want to be disgusted anymore than I have been.

At this point I'm hoping for a GS.

We're not going to win. May as well assure Thornton or Jenks don't find their way in because Guillen feels we can still win. Or he doesn't want to give the impression of giving up.

Good, Richard is warming up.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Two hit by the mighty arms of Kansas City. The epic battle of fail between Minnesota and the White Sox rears it's ugly head once more. God smiles on the lucky suckers who draw the ALC Chumps in the first round. Let it be known, you WANT to be in the playoffs, but this is honestly something else. This isn't even backing into them, this is "the rules insist on a rep from the AL Central..." In a way, it's sort of like winning the NL West. All it means is one less week of offseason for your guys to rest up.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:04 AM)
And to add on, please, no one compliment Davies. It don't want to be disgusted anymore than I have been.

He's pitched good tonight, in all honesty. Just enough control to not walk hitters, but around the plate to induce weak swings.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 02:06 AM)
Clayton is warming up.

I wouldn't worry about Jenks or Thornton.

Hey, at least we can say Go Tampa, and we know what the outcome for today is. Hopefully Rays show up tomorrow, but I have a feeling they're going to be hungover. DON'T LET B.J. UPTON DRIVE!

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 20, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)
He's pitched good tonight, in all honesty. Just enough control to not walk hitters, but around the plate to induce weak swings.

Is he 7IP 2H good?

Two f***ing pitches -- straight 91-94 mph fastball and a breaking ball that has hung half of the time it has been thrown.

Nope. I'm not complimenting him. Santana? It's expected. Not from Davies.