True Fact

knightni

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)
Can you really call it parity?

There have been some teams that havent REALLY been involved in this league for quite some time.

Pittsburgh made their own bed due to cheap ownership.

Washington's working on it.

Cincy has had poor management.

Toronto's near every season.

Milwaukee's a big choker.

Baltimore: see Cincy.

I don't know what Texas and Seattle's problems are.

KC is cheap like Pitt.

Out of that group Pittsburg is the team that bothers me the most.They totally dropped the ball when they had the opportunity with the new stadium.That was their chance to spend some money and put out atleast a competitive team but NO instead they stay with only their young kids who they eventually trade away anyways.

And also the Royals havent existed since George Brett.

Wether it be the ownerships fault or the fans fault I will not give any credit to Selig for bringing parity until those teams can get with the f***ing program.It is his responsibility to force the situation into parity if he wants to get credit for bringing it to the league.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 09:35 AM)
Wether it be the ownerships fault or the fans fault I will not give any credit to Selig for bringing parity until those teams can get with the f***ing program.It is his responsibility to force the situation into parity if he wants to get credit for bringing it to the league.

Im pretty sure knight was being sarcastic with that parity comment

Until there is a hard salary cap, baseball will never truly achieve parity. The fact that the 2000 Yankees are the last repeat world champions is more of a testament to how much of a crapshoot the postseason is then anything else. Look at this year, there is a distinct possibility that half of the postseason teams will be from the 2nd and 3rd largest cities in America, with team 5 from the largest market, and team 6 from the 6th largest market. That list doesn't even include Boston and their huge payroll. Parity has improved in the last decade, but it's nowhere near where it needs to be.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
Until there is a hard salary cap, baseball will never truly achieve parity. The fact that the 2000 Yankees are the last repeat world champions is more of a testament to how much of a crapshoot the postseason is then anything else. Look at this year, there is a distinct possibility that half of the postseason teams will be from the 2nd and 3rd largest cities in America, with team 5 from the largest market, and team 6 from the 6th largest market. That list doesn't even include Boston and their huge payroll. Parity has improved in the last decade, but it's nowhere near where it needs to be.

100% dead on accurate.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)

Good point. Look at this year. The D'Backs are about 2 out, but if they make a late push they have potentially the best 1 and 2 in the playoffs and it wouldn't be a huge upset if they win their first round.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:30 AM)
If something is true, doesn't that make it a fact?

This statement is not a fact. Truth depends on someone's perspective. Fact is a correct statement. Didn't you ever take a philosophy class.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
This statement is not a fact. Truth depends on someone's perspective. Fact is a correct statement. Didn't you ever take a philosophy class.

I hated that class more than any other in my entire life. Its one of the very few things I can honestly say that I got absolutely NOTHING out of.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
I hated that class more than any other in my entire life. Its one of the very few things I can honestly say that I got absolutely NOTHING out of.

Then how about Star Wars.

Luke: Obi Wan you told me Vader killed my father.

Obi Wan: He did, from a certain point of view.

or Raiders of the Lost Ark

Indiana jones: This is a course in FACTS, if you want the truth Dr. ()'s philosophy class is down the hall.

Edited by ptatc