The big series is upon us

greg775

Sox vs. Twins: You make the call  

130 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the Sox win at the HumptyDome?

• None, We Get Swept
    • One, We Salvage Uno
    • Two, We Win the Series
    • Three, We Sweep, Pop the Corks

So, think hard before making your comments and official predictions for the big series. We usually suck in the HumptyDome, but it's not like we've never won some games there. We have been pretty s***ty on the road; they've been great at home. It will be playoff intensity atmosphere, maybe even greater than playoff atmosphere. So how do we do? Favorably, or lay down and die, or somewhere in between?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Brian. I'm going to think very hard bout this one before going on the record with my final prediction. That would be so cool if Sox fans would flock to Minnesota to the games. I know that probably won't happen with people working and all, but wouldn't it be cool if we had a presence in the stands, there?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
By my calculations, we've won 1 road series against a winning team this season (which is pathetic). So I'm not getting my hopes up for this series.

I will be fine if we win one game. Just don't get swept.

3 series I think. Tampa, Cleveland (they are 1 game over), and the Dodgers.

Neither team is playing well. Both sides are pulling out the classic spin of "well, the other side has blown so many chances, it's amazing we're still here", which is a classic sign neither team is playing well. Obviously, the first game of a three game series is huge, but that's ESPECIALLY the case here with the shaky play recently of both teams, especially their bullpens. My prediction is that if the Sox win Tuesday, they clinch on Friday. If the Sox don't win Tuesday, we'll only win one game up there and have to battle all weekend (if not beyond) to win this thing in only 161 or 162 games. As important as game 1 is, I can't see a sweep either way, neither team is playing well enough to pull off something like that.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 21, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
On the other hand, I believe all 3 of those teams had sub .500 records when the Sox won those series.

The Sox have played 9 road series against teams that at the start of the series had a winning record. The Sox are 1-6-2 in these series with a 10-20 record. The Sox were swept in only 1 of the 6 series losses (Cubs).

We need to take 2 out of 3. I am disappointed that OC said they die in the dugout when down. They know if they take at least 2 out of 3 the division is ours. They need to forget the troubles they've had in the dome and focus on wrapping it up. Were going to need Dotel and Linebrink to show up to these games. There... get it done damnit.