9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

On the scores website, they have Orlando Cabrera on the Boers and Bernstein show today. He basically told a not so good story of how our team sits back, when we get down early its all over, and how they brush off losses with no killer instinct.

Listen to that for a minute, and then realize we need to make sure that some players need to leave as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:25 AM)
Come on. It was obvious he was trying to challenge him, not rip him. If Javy can't respond in this situation, he's worthless.

It was just a no win situation for anyone. There's a reason you don't see other coaches/managers do something like that.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
Do you really see this team winning ONE game this series? My whole adult life this team has NEVER been able to beat the Twins in a pennant race. In 2005 the Twins weren't in it...

This season is no different. Buckle up boys because we're going to need to win our last 4 games of the year including the makeup game just to make it to a 1 game playoff as we will be trailing by a 1/2 game after Thursday night....Twins will go 5-0 to finish this season after the easy W tonight which we've already given them

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Seriously. Just stop.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
Regardless of how people feel about Minny this year, they are still a better team than the Sox, bottom line.

the Twins will be toast in the playoffs like we would ve been,the winner of the AL Central will be the team that sucks les,not the "better" team

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
He just doesn't have a winners mentality.

I wonder just exactly what it is with him. I don't think its lack of effort. It could be lack of stones. It also could be all those years in Montreal conditioned him for meaningless for the most part, baseball games, and he never learned how to win or perform well in big situations.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:26 AM)
Do you really see this team winning ONE game this series? My whole adult life this team has NEVER been able to beat the Twins in a pennant race. In 2005 the Twins weren't in it...

This season is no different. Buckle up boys because we're going to need to win our last 4 games of the year including the makeup game just to make it to a 1 game playoff as we will be trailing by a 1/2 game after Thursday night....Twins will go 5-0 to finish this season after the easy W tonight which we've already given them

Think of this like a 3 game divisional playoff to make the next round. If these guys can't win at least one game, then f*** them, they don't deserve s***. The only reason they have a lead still in the AL Central is because the Twins have collapsed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
I don't care if we lose this game. However, the Twins are completely setting the table for just a monster series. The Sox seem defeated the second they step onto this field. Go Royals this weekend!

This is what I was fearing with Javy opening the series. He's so passive -- not the approach you need in a series against these guys, in this place. Now they've set a tone for the week.

the Twins will be toast in the playoffs like we would ve been,the winner of the AL Central will be the team that sucks les,not the "better" team

They're a far better team than the Sox, that's all I'm saying... which shows you just how bad of a team the Sox are.