Anderson back in 09 or traded?

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)
No but it isn't hard to envision him saying that he authorized the drafting of his son because he feels like he is going to help the ballclub in the future. He takes blame almost everytime something goes wrong, I have no problem thinking he would do it here as well.

That would be an obvious crock of s***, though. I don't think any fan would actually buy that as his real reason for drafting his own son.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)
That would be an obvious crock of s***, though. I don't think any fan would actually buy that as his real reason for drafting his own son.

That is immaterial.

My point is, how often has Kenny Williams really thought about what the fans think? He tells us EXACTLY how he sees things. This is the same guy who mocked the Miguel Cabrera trade as maybe catching the Tigers up with us, traded fan favorite Aaron Rowand, told Frank Thomas to hit the road, and told Toronto to suck it after they found out Mike Sirotka was hurt. If Kenny had really wanted his son drafted, and had told the scouts to do it, he would have NO problems standing in front of us telling us exactly why he did it, and not giving a s*** what any of us think.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
That is immaterial.

My point is, how often has Kenny Williams really thought about what the fans think? He tells us EXACTLY how he sees things. This is the same guy who mocked the Miguel Cabrera trade as maybe catching the Tigers up with us, traded fan favorite Aaron Rowand, told Frank Thomas to hit the road, and told Toronto to suck it after they found out Mike Sirotka was hurt. If Kenny had really wanted his son drafted, and had told the scouts to do it, he would have NO problems standing in front of us telling us exactly why he did it, and not giving a s*** what any of us think.

which is the proper way to run the ballclub. Do what he thinks is the best way to win the World Series and to hell what anyone else thinks.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)
That is immaterial.

And I don't believe for a second that he didn't have a hand in the drafting of his son. It's a matter of opinion.

It's in Brian Anderson's best interest for us to trade him, but in the Sox' best interest to keep him. So I'm pretty sure he'll be here next year, unless someone offers a sweet deal. I don't see that happening, but ya never know. Maybe there is a Gavin Floyd-type prospect that their team has given up on that we can flip BA for.

Edited by Ron

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 01:47 PM)
And I don't believe for a second that he didn't have a hand in the drafting of his son. It's a matter of opinion.

To me his history saids otherwise. He isn't afraid to stand up and claim credit for unpopular moves, I don't know why this one is different. People were WAY more pissed off when he tried not once, but twice to get rid of Frank. He sure didn't blame scouts then. It just doesn't make sense to me based on the Kenny Williams that has been our GM for almost a decade.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 03:04 PM)
To me his history saids otherwise. He isn't afraid to stand up and claim credit for unpopular moves, I don't know why this one is different. People were WAY more pissed off when he tried not once, but twice to get rid of Frank. He sure didn't blame scouts then. It just doesn't make sense to me based on the Kenny Williams that has been our GM for almost a decade.

One can't guess what KW is going to do. Pauley has increased his trade value with a good August and September and I believe he will be shopped along with Swisher in the offseason.. Griffey will be bought out but he has proven that he can still put the bat on the ball. I'm thinking that KW will get a younger more consistent first baseman but may try Jermaine at first to keep him in the lineup for as long as we can.. I think if Jermaine could me moved to first he could replaced by a younger hot hitting corner outfielder which are not as hard to find as a centerfielder.. Wise and Anderson will continue to be platooned and roam our outfield grass. Anderson worked hard this off season and feel if he can learn to hit off speed and pitches and right handers better he could be a hard man to take out of the lineup. It is just ridiculous to have one of the best defensive centerfielders ride the pine while once great, Griffey and never ready for prime time Swisher playing in his stead..