9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
Wise had a chance to shut this crowd up with a breakthrough hit on the back-up/hanging slider and he just didn't get it done.

Now we're really in a huge dogfight.

I wouldn't call it a dogfight. I would say we're getting smoked once again so far...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)
Wise had a chance to shut this crowd up with a breakthrough hit on the back-up/hanging slider and he just didn't get it done.

yes he did. And didn't do crap. Just a little basehit would have been huge there instead of a friggin swing from the heals wiff.

why am I not surprised that Blackburn has been a scrub recently and against us he ll turn in a Cy Young award performance,fffffffffffffffff.ffffffffffffff.uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.uuuuuuuuuuu.cccccccccccccc.ccccccccccck

.kkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
If this goes the way it looks the rest of the season, I just pray that huge changes are made from the top on down. This team has no enthusiasm and just doesn't seem to want to keep playing.

This was exactly what I was worried about. We would find a way to NOT score against a struggling pitcher who is throwing f***ing meatballs up there. Well, good luck tomorrow Gavin, we need ya to play meaningful games this weekend.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
Join me in turning off Hawk -- unless you're listening simply to hear a guy go crazy. Which is fun, too.

I'm actually glad I have Blyleven right now instead of listening to friggin Hawk.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)
If this goes the way it looks the rest of the season, I just pray that huge changes are made from the top on down. This team has no enthusiasm and just doesn't seem to want to keep playing.

I kinda think, if you see those shots of Ozzie, that he knows that his team isn't real interested in competing. He enabled some of that, with his bulls*** about needing to have a big lead before going into the Dome.

But I think he knows that, without Quentin, the team lacks pop. And even with Quentin, Ozzie's team lacks heart. I think he's known that for awhile.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 01:01 AM)
This was exactly what I was worried about. We would find a way to NOT score against a struggling pitcher who is throwing f***ing meatballs up there. Well, good luck tomorrow Gavin, we need ya to play meaningful games this weekend.

With how aggressive the Twins are playing, they might steal 6 bases off of Gavin tomorrow.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)

Don't expect much. Gavin, like Mark tonight, went on 3 days rest last week. I wouldn't expect his command to be decent either.

It is tough enough to watch this game with the Twins magic act, but the aggravating tension dripping from Hawk's commentary makes it unbearable. I know, shut off the sound and listen to radio. I would but the satellite delay makes it tough as well. I really hope Stone can reign him in a bit next year. Win or lose, baseball is supposed to be relaxing to watch and enjoy. Hawk makes that impossible.