9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 01:02 AM)
I kinda think, if you see those shots of Ozzie, that he knows that his team isn't real interested in competing. He enabled some of that, with his bulls*** about needing to have a big lead before going into the Dome.

He's the one who showed no urgency in actually trying to win some games in the last month by letting Horacio Ramirez pitch in close situations. That suspended game vs Baltimore still ranks as the worst managed game I can ever remember.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
I kinda think, if you see those shots of Ozzie, that he knows that his team isn't real interested in competing. He enabled some of that, with his bulls*** about needing to have a big lead before going into the Dome.

But I think he knows that, without Quentin, the team lacks pop. And even with Quentin, Ozzie's team lacks heart. I think he's known that for awhile.

Ya think. I really hope KW does something about this in the offseason.

Between Thome, Konerko and Dye...I've seen more enthusiasm about a cold sore than that group shows.

But....they're veterans.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)

But I think he knows that, without Quentin, the team lacks pop. And even with Quentin, Ozzie's team lacks heart. I think he's known that for awhile.

This team had plenty of heart and moxie until about the time Linebrink went down in late July. Ever since then, it has been a struggle, and our pitching has struggled much more than in the first half.

Buehrle just doesn't have it tonight. He's still in the game, but he has no absolutely no command/control. And the Twins can smell blood in the water.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:05 PM)
This team had plenty of heart and moxie until about the time Linebrink went down in late July. Ever since then, it has been a struggle, and our pitching has struggled much more than in the first half.

Buehrle just doesn't have it tonight. He's still in the game, but he has no absolutely no command/control. And the Twins can smell blood in the water.

They also had Crede, who's one of those guys who has intangibles that winning teams need. Stat guys never get this.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
They also had Crede, who's one of those guys who has intangibles that winning teams need. Stat guys never get this.

See Iguchi, Tad.

65 pitches. When's the last time Mark had that count through 3?

This is starting to remind me of that WS game that he just kept battling and keeping it close...although our bullpen then was SLIGHTLY better, lol.

Edited by caulfield12