9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:03 PM)
Dear Jermaine,

Get your f***ing head out of your f***ing ass and come up with a XBH here.

Thanks,

Willie

Dear Willie,

I am older, and tired, and a sad panda. Why would I want to play games next week, when I get paid and can play golf. These twins scare me. You are at home

where its safe. "

Dead

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
This is where Joe Mays perfected his attack on the corpseball kids. Do you think that they didnt pay attention. They know how to attack our hitters.

I haven't heard that name for a while.

Eric Milton, Kyle Losche, most of these pitchers suck wherever else they go but seemed to kick butt with Minnesota.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:07 PM)
We have 3 more outs to give (forget the 9th, Nathan will shut us down) or we'll be playing for the division tomorrow. If the Twins win tonight and tomorrow, they'll win the division. I still think the Sox will get the division with a win tonight OR tomorrow.

yeah, but the momentum going into tomorrow definitely is not going to be for us if we lose tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:07 PM)
The AL Central is brutal. Easily the 5th best division in baseball.

Cleveland and Detroit seriously underachieved this year (their injuries were a major factor). Sox and Twins were 3rd and 4th place teams coming in, but fortunate trainwrecks occurred in Detoilet and Cleveland.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
I still can't believe this joke of a team has been in 1st all year. It seriously blows my mind. "We're a better team than Minnesota?" My ass.

well we're short one bit player in Carlos Quentin - but he probably didn't make too much of a difference.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
The sick part of me wants this team to blow the lead and look like a bunch of little girls and laugh all along the way. The other half, the more normal, is sick to my stomach watching this crap.

There is NO part of me that wants the Twins to over take us. I hate feeling miserable.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
yeah, but the momentum going into tomorrow definitely is not going to be for us if we lose tonight.

I agree. I would call the game tomorrow for the Twins if they win tonight. Tonight was/is our best chance...veteran pitcher going against scrub starter.

Tomorrow is anyone's guess. Slowey and Floyd have done well for their teams this year, but I'd certainly give the edge to the Twins if they win tonight.

Also, if the game comes down to picking up runners, moving runners, running, and defense the edge clearly is with the Twins...our only hope is just to get into a slugfest or have one of our starters pitch lights out (which hasn't happened much lately save J.Danks)

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
I get the feeling that Floyd is going to get f***ing ROCKED tomorrow.

I guess we'll see.

If the Sox lose this game, tomorrow will be a disaster. That's my prediction.