9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 02:23 AM)
I'm now experimenting with the rationale that it's better to lose the division because if KW gets mad enough, maybe a lot of heads roll. Maybe not though. Maybe they just end up citing the lack of Quentin.

or maybe we sign Nick Punto to a 3 yr, 15 million dollar deal to be our 2nd baseman, trade Poreda and others for Figgins, and get some other crappy grinder to try and become the Twins. Too bad Pods isn't around, as we could trade Quentin for him also.

QUOTE (shawnhillegas @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:23 PM)
f*** this team. It's not worth caring.

Guys, we all knew this was going to be a blood bath going in. No matter what we're not escaping with a win in this series. And Nathan will be lights out in the 9th.

And if you think there is any hope that we can win after getting swept, think again. We have no chance as Minny is running the table, we're done unless we can win our last 4 in a row at home...

Our offense laying an egg in April and May because its cold and how they are pressing and not loosey goosey.

Now its September, and they are back to pressing. And they are cold again.

The offense is to blame this year more than anything. If we had a mediocre offense, that was less homer reliant. We clinch last week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
Gardenhire is absolutely abusing us. He's getting the perfect match-ups for his relievers by putting them in a position to succeed. Ramirez should be batting after Konerko, as Konerko is so bad against LHP that having Thome/PK/Griffey in a row is too easy for the Twins and their 4 lefty relievers.

The Twins knew that if they could keep the division to with 3 games it was theirs. They were never nervous and it was never in doubt.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 02:23 AM)
Well this has been a fun yet extremely irritating season thus far....

It's kept me entertained all the way up until and extending past game 157. There's nothing else you can ask for. I can't believe Linebrink is in. He's only better than Ramirez and Logan right now.

This is just going to be a BIG loss. A true dissapointment with the kind of pitches that were thrown to our offense by the twins. TONS of hittable balls and we just didn't get it done. Mark should be remembered this year for really guttin in there for us. Hey... Nathan hasn't been nuts lately, lets hope luck goes our way, thats all that can be done.

F*** mark doesn't deserve for us not to be one run away in the ninth, this would be awful. please.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
Our offense laying an egg in April and May because its cold and how they are pressing and not loosey goosey.

Now its September, and they are back to pressing. And they are cold again.

The offense is to blame this year more than anything. If we had a mediocre offense, that was less homer reliant. We clinch last week.

It's obvious the air conditioner is on to cold in the dome.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 02:25 AM)
I know you are a Sox fan, but I would question that if that was the case.

I just don't feel it at all with this team. 2006 was more heartbreaking than this is shaping up to be.

SCOTT LINEBRINK SHOULD NOT BE PITCHING IN A BIG SITUATION!