9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
Will you lose much sleep if this team misses the playoffs? I honestly don't think I will.

I know I won't be. This team, as it currently stands, would get smoked by any team in the 1st round. Next week, I'll be rooting my heart out for the Dodgers, Mets, or Phillies.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:27 PM)
I just don't feel it at all with this team. 2006 was more heartbreaking than this is shaping up to be.

SCOTT LINEBRINK SHOULD NOT BE PITCHING IN A BIG SITUATION!

If at any point the last 2 weeks, we won 3 in a row, that is it, three games in a row, this series would be irrelevant.

Agree on Scott.

This season will be in the tank because of the inconsistency of every hitter on this team making over $1M.

Every one of them has been absolute s*** for longer periods of time than they have carried the team.

OC

AJ

Dye

Thome

Konerko

Swisher

In September when they needed someone to step up they have wilted.

I do not recall a single game where the offense outslugged a team, maybe the Angels game but that was 6-5. If a pitcher gives up more than 5 runs, the game is over.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 09:26 PM)
It's kept me entertained all the way up until and extending past game 157. There's nothing else you can ask for. I can't believe Linebrink is in. He's only better than Ramirez and Logan right now.

Yeah, it's too bad it may end so badly, but man what a great season. No sarcasm. I only hope people who are resorting to ludicrous histrionics are prepared for a lot of ridicule should anything suddenly turn.

This game was so winnable and these fuc**ards dont step up,Ive been a Sox fan since the late 70s and I dont care what anyone says here,tonight Im embarrassed of this team, Im embarrassed of their effort and of their attitude...Lord knows we miss Rowand's never say die attitude,Man up you pussies!!!

Regardless of what happens tonight, the Twins are not going to win the rest of their games.

Tonight the Sox need to focus on 1 run, tomorrow they worry about the next game.

You never know whats going to happen, so you gotta stay positive. Its the Twins home park, they are expected to win 2-3, this is just the Twins doing what a team is supposed to do.

Linebrink needs to get Gomez and the Sox need to get 1 run.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 02:28 AM)
If at any point the last 2 weeks, we won 3 in a row, that is it, three games in a row, this series would be irrelevant.

Agreed....I still can't believe we let Richard get beat by Nady at Yankee Stadium last week. That game, the pathetically managed Horacio Ramirez suspended game, and Dotel's awful performance in Oakland, are the games that really stick out.

or maybe we sign Nick Punto to a 3 yr, 15 million dollar deal to be our 2nd baseman, trade Poreda and others for Figgins, and get some other crappy grinder to try and become the Twins. Too bad Pods isn't around, as we could trade Quentin for him also.

Yeah, I just love the talks about Kenny getting "mad" and speculating of what he'll do in the offseason. He'll probably do what he always does: make some terrible trades and ignore all of our needs at the trade deadline.

Edited by TheBigHurt

Well I feel it. but then again, unlike so many, the enjoyment of my fandom isn't based on being right on my predictions that the sox will suck. I just kind of hope they win, but realize that they've overcome a ton of obstacles to be in first out of no where, and then they lost their MVP, a pitching starter, and their set up man. But yeah, F this team right. f***in losers. I hope they beat the s*** out of Nathan.

Im embarrassed of this team, Im embarrassed of their effort and of their attitude...Lord knows we miss Rowand's never say die attitude,Man up you pussies!!!

I'm not embarrassed, just shocked at our play in September, on the road and against winning teams.