9/24 Gamethread: Chicago @ Minnesota

maggsmaggs

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 02:28 AM)
I know I won't be. This team, as it currently stands, would get smoked by any team in the 1st round. Next week, I'll be rooting my heart out for the Dodgers, Mets, or Phillies.

Oh yes, I'm right with you. The second the Sox stop playing this season, it's go anyone but the Cubs time.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 07:30 PM)
Yeah, I just love the talks about Kenny getting "mad" and speculating of what he'll do in the offseason. He'll probably do what he always does: make some terrible trades and ignore all of our needs at the deadline.

Is it even worth pointing out how he traded for guys like Jim Thome, God, and a combination of Podsednik and a ton of salary flexibility that won us a title in various offseasons? Or Danks? Or Floyd?

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 02:30 AM)
Yeah, I just love the talks about Kenny getting "mad" and speculating of what he'll do in the offseason. He'll probably do what he always does: make some terrible trades and ignore all of our needs at the trade deadline.

Chad Bradford's ERA for Tampa coming into tonight was around 1

Regardless of what happens tonight, the Twins are not going to win the rest of their games.

Tonight the Sox need to focus on 1 run, tomorrow they worry about the next game.

You never know whats going to happen, so you gotta stay positive. Its the Twins home park, they are expected to win 2-3, this is just the Twins doing what a team is supposed to do.

Linebrink needs to get Gomez and the Sox need to get 1 run.

[/quote

You realize that they play the Royals in the Dome, and have Liriano, Perkins and Baker.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
Yeah, it's too bad it may end so badly, but man what a great season. No sarcasm. I only hope people who are resorting to ludicrous histrionics are prepared for a lot of ridicule should anything suddenly turn.

Why is it a great season? This is not an up-and-coming team. The core of this team is in their 30s. There is nothing good about an old team coming close and missing out.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 02:33 AM)
Why is it a great season? This is not an up-and-coming team. The core of this team is in their 30s. There is nothing good about an old team coming close and missing out.

It's been a productive season for this organization. We had very little to look forward to for the future when April came around, and now we have 4 players in Quentin/Ramirez/Floyd/Danks that can be cornerstones for the next 3-5 years.