TODAY IN WHITE SOX HISTORY/SEPT 24

StatManDu

http://www.whitesoxalmanac.com

THIS DATE IN SOX HISTORY/SEPT. 24 (Highlights)

1919: The White Sox overcame a four-run deficit in topping the St. Louis Browns 6-5 to clinch the American League pennant at Comiskey Park. The Sox scored two in fifth, seventh and ninth innings to claim the flag. Buck Weaver’s sacrifice fly scored winning pitcher Dickie Kerr with the tying run. Joe Jackson then shot a single to right-center to score Nemo Leibold with the game-winner.

1977: Jack Brohamer became the second player in White Sox history to hit for the cycle in an 8-3 win over the Mariners in Seattle. Brohamer went 5-for-5 with two doubles and four RBI. Brohamer homered in the first, doubled in the third and fifth, singled in the sixth and tripled to lead off the ninth to join Hall of Famer Ray Schalk (June 27, 1922) as the only players in Sox history to hit for the cycle.

2000: The White Sox clinched the American League Central Division title by virtue of Cleveland’s loss in Kansas City. The good news made the White Sox game – a 6-5 loss at Minnesota – meaningless. The White Sox celebratedtheir title on the field after the game with their many fans who had make the trek to the Metrodome.

2003: Esteban Loaiza notched his 20th victory in the White Sox 9-4 win over the Yankees before 26,019 at US Cellular Field. Loaiza gave up three runs on five hits with seven strikeouts in six innings to move to 20-9. Loaiza became the first Sox pitcher to reach the 20-victory plateausince Jack McDowell won 22 games in his Cy Young season of 1993.

I understand that you are trying to re-direct traffic to your site, but unless you can post info more than just the link to your site, I don't see the purpose of allowing you to continue to post these.

It's just info ... I don't make any money off it so what's the harm?

I used to post the whole thing but, frankly, I don't have time to even do that on my own blog, a cheap AOL homepage with very little bells or whistles.

If there is not a huge objection to just posting the link, I'd like to continue. If this is a problem, I will respectfully stop.

Edited by StatManDu

QUOTE (StatManDu @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:16 PM)
It's just info ... I don't make any money off it so what's the harm?

I used to post the whole thing but, frankly, I don't have time to even do that on my own blog, a cheap AOL homepage with very little bells or whistles.

If there is not a huge objection to just posting the link, I'd like to continue. If this is a problem, I will respectfully stop.

I don't want you to stop posting here just because of me, but why not do a copy/paste from your page?

See? That was easy.