**White Sox vs. Twins 9/25/08 Thread**

Brian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
Floyd has four more batters to go.

Then Ozzie has to go to Thornton, unless Gavin just really finds that curveball and gets on one of his patented rolls through the line-up for 2-3 innings.

Unfortunately, he's at 94 pitches and he still might have to go Monday on three day's rest against DET.

I wonder who would be pitching for the Tigers in that theoretical game?

I thought it was Garcia. Me thinks he would murder us with his junk.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
Let's assume Floyd gets to about 110 after 6...who pitches the 7th might be Ozzie's most important decision of the year

Thornton. Linebrink is back to 8th inning duties if he's available, from what I understand.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
Let's assume Floyd gets to about 110 after 6...who pitches the 7th might be Ozzie's most important decision of the year

It will be Thornton for Mauer/Morneau/Kubel, unless we get some more runs or Gavin just tears through the next four batters.

Then you'll see Jenks come on in the 8th I think, possibly Linebrink for one hitter or two, but VERY VERY short rope for Scott.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:00 PM)
it's like there's a f***ing presense in that dome giving the twins all the breaks, it's seriously unbelievable

it's a miracle that we were able to take advantage if only for a brief part of the game

I'm saying that when the metrodome is knocked down there will be moaning white sox ghosts flying around.

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:01 PM)
Bounced off Bonser.

Why can't the Sox hit this bullpen? Every other f***ing team destroys this pen.

The higher the ERA the less likely this team is to do anything against the pitcher. If your pitcher has an ERA over 8 they will probably go 1-2-3.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)
Well, I missed most of the game because I was at work. Can someone give me a quick overview of how we got our runs?

OC got a solo shot then we strung some hits together, eventually konerko got an RBI groundout and then there were two outs

they walked griffey with a runner at 3rd, 2 outs, then plunk AJ, then uribe clears the bases on a lineshot off Slowey which he tried to run and field and ended up throwing it away