Carlos Gomez

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
I wish the Sox had a couple guys like Gomez and Span. Gomez is going to be really good in time and Span is playing out of his mind.

Gomez is like Esteban German with more talent. He sucks against everybody but us.

He's so f***ing full of himself it's funny. He's a speed guy without an OBP. He might never learn how to walk.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 10:34 AM)
In 18 games and 77 PAs vs. the Sox this year he is hitting .384. Yeah... probably something to that. He is a piece of s***baseball player against almost everyone EXCEPT the Sox.

Someone please hit this guy in the knee with a crowbar or something.

It's because we apparently don't pay attention to the fact that he'll swing at almost ANYTHING. We throw him pitches over the fat part of the plate, and Hawk slobbers over him when he hits them hard, as pretty much anyone will at this level. Then he takes an extra base on Dye or Griffey plodding over to get the ball, and all of a sudden he's a doubles/triples machine. I also don't understand why Wise was shading him to hit to the right side when apparently the strategy was to get him out on curveballs. At this point Gomez is swinging hard in case he hits it, so anything offspeed is probably going to be pulled.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 12:34 PM)
.384/.408/.616/1.024 in 73 AB vs the Sox

.244/.285/.330/.615 in 491 AB vs everyone else

So yeah, when he's not playing the Sox he kinda sucks at baseball.

Add in like 30 bunt hits...

He's not a professional hitter. He's just using his speed at this point. He's also getting some fat fastballs 24% of the time too.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
.384/.408/.616/1.024 in 73 AB vs the Sox

.244/.285/.330/.615 in 491 AB vs everyone else

So yeah, when he's not playing the Sox he kinda sucks at baseball.

I thought it was .229 actually but then I realized that I was dividing by his PAs instead of his ABs. It still sucks though. I don't get why people think he's going to be good, because he was pretty average in the minors too.

Gomez is a cocky Son of a b****!!! His stupid facial expressions tick me off and when he screams he looks mentally challenged!! No Offense to anyone...All I am going to say is come to our house and I will guarantee he'll get beer spilled on his a**!!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
I'd take him over most of our OF right now. CQ and JD would be the only guys I would rather have.

Lol id trade dye for him in a second (even though i hate gomez)! -was denard span even a top prospect?

QUOTE (MO2005 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Gomez is a cocky Son of a b****!!! His stupid facial expressions tick me off and when he screams he looks mentally challenged!! No Offense to anyone...All I am going to say is come to our house and I will guarantee he'll get beer spilled on his a**!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by Melissa1334

Except 4 guys (Danks, Floyd, Quentin, Ramirez), I'd trade anyone on the Sox for him.

Why? We're the only team he hits against.

overall: .262/.301/.367, 25 BB, 139 K's, 38 XBH

against the Sox: .384/.408/.616 3 BB, 15 K's, 10 XBH

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Not at Soxtalk, but perhaps at WSI. I saw somebody penciling in Podsednik for next year's team.

Look how popular Owens, Fields, and Wassermann were on this board last year playing meaningless games and none with the potential of Gomez. He would be very popular. He has a lot of flaws, but he has a lot of ability and is very young. I don't think he's Rickey Henderson II like Hawk does, but he has a chance to be outstanding.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 05:29 PM)
Look how popular Owens, Fields, and Wassermann were on this board last year playing meaningless games and none with the potential of Gomez. He would be very popular. He has a lot of flaws, but he has a lot of ability and is very young. I don't think he's Rickey Henderson II like Hawk does, but he has a chance to be outstanding.

Sure, but he also isn't patient at the plate, strikes out a lot for a guy without power, and hasn't shown an ability to drive the ball. He also hasn't shown the ability to consistently put the ball in play and for a guy who apparently will rely entirely on athleticism that is important. He has a lot of potential but he has a lot to improve on before he even becomes a respectable major league hitter.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 26, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Sure, but he also isn't patient at the plate, strikes out a lot for a guy without power, and hasn't shown an ability to drive the ball. He also hasn't shown the ability to consistently put the ball in play and for a guy who apparently will rely entirely on athleticism that is important. He has a lot of potential but he has a lot to improve on before he even becomes a respectable major league hitter.

He's 22 years old with a ton of ability. Chances are he will get better. Just with his speed, he'll always be a threat.