Lee out of Sunday's game

bschmaranz

Bullington to pitch;

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Bryan Bullington will start Sunday's season finale against the White Sox if Cliff Lee (neck) is unable to pitch.

Quite a dropoff, going from the likely Cy Young winner to a 27-year-old bust of a former No. 1 overall pick trying to salvage a career as a fifth starter or long reliever. The game may decide the AL Central winner, so the Twins will be rooting for Lee to pitch.

The key is tonight.

If we can hold serve SOMEHOW, then the pressure really is on Perkins tomorrow, who's been ever WORSE than Blackburn recently, if that's possible.

Of course, he'll throw a shut-out and Meche will get knocked out in the 3rd. Then again, with Vazquez again on 3 day's rest, I guess all bets are off. And Liriano has been so tough for much of the second half, and he's at home, AND...well, there's always hope I guess. At least in Nicholas Sparks novels.

If he stumbles yet again, I think KW will have to move him...and it looks like Swisher now, too. Not a good problem, dealing from a position of weakness instead of strength.

Edited by caulfield12

I find it hard to believe that Lee would pitch solely based on the impact it will have on teams outside of his own. If his neck feels better, than yeah go right ahead but if your not comfortable being out there and it doesnt impact your team.... just seems dumb to me. If it comes down to final game and we lose playoffs because Cliff Lee started, I'll forever hate the Indians thats for sure.