Rex Kickass

Who won tonight's debate?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who won tonights debate?

• John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Draw
    • People who didn't watch the debate

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
It has to do with the level of chaos and non-health of the general public there. Millions of people have starved, and much of the country is malnourished and not properly cared for.

I assumed that's what he was talking about, but the way he said it it seemed like such a non-sequitor.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 11:56 AM)
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-h...let-where-media

Apparently the family has asked Obama to stop wearing and talking about the bracelet, but he has decided to ignore them and do it anyway.

imagine that, they don't want their sons death to be used as a political stunt by the Obama campaign. classy move by mr.Obama to ignore them and continue.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
imagine that, they don't want their sons death to be used as a political stunt by the Obama campaign. classy move by mr.Obama to ignore them and continue.

Oops, turns out that story wasn't true.

http://www.nbc15.com/state/headlines/29864149.html

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" during Friday's debate when Senator Barack Obama mentioned the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that he remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

She criticized Internet reports that suggested Obama exploited her son for political purposes.

She acknowledges e-mailing the campaign in February asking that Obama not mention her son in speeches or debates.

But she says Obama's mention on Friday was appropriate because he was responding after Senator John McCain said a soldier's mother gave him a bracelet.

Jopek says Obama's comment rightfully suggested there's more than one viewpoint on the war

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
Oops, turns out that story wasn't true.

http://www.nbc15.com/state/headlines/29864149.html

A Wisconsin soldier? I guess no one in Illinois warranted his attention? After all, he is the Senator from Illinois. I guess he hasn't quite grasped the meaningless gestures of Presidential campaigning.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
I assumed that's what he was talking about, but the way he said it it seemed like such a non-sequitor.

Its one of those seemingly worthless tidbits of info laced into both candidates responses that demonstrate they get beyond the big glowing positions, and actually have a feel for the details on the ground.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 02:34 PM)
Obamas idea of middle class is people that make 30k

I make just above 30K and I live month to month...I consider myself in the middle class...I dont get what your trying to say

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
I make just above 30K and I live month to month...I consider myself in the middle class...I dont get what your trying to say

Call this a pre-emptive Admin strike... let's all be very careful if we are going to discuss each other's salaries or wages.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:26 PM)
Call this a pre-emptive Admin strike... let's all be very careful if we are going to discuss each other's salaries or wages.

my bad...dont mean to press the issue I was just wondering if he meant 30K was below or above middle class...

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)
my bad...dont mean to press the issue I was just wondering if he meant 30K was below or above middle class...

You can discuss it. I just wanted to put that quick warning out there to be careful on the topic, and it wasn't directed specifically at you or anyone else.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)

I always considered middle class higher than that. I dont make much more, I guess Ive just always thought middle class was around 60k. Just a difference in opinion for that matter.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 07:58 PM)
I always considered middle class higher than that. I dont make much more, I guess Ive just always thought middle class was around 60k. Just a difference in opinion for that matter.

Depends on the region. 30k isn't going to get you very far inmost of Maryland. Somewhere out west, maybe.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 1, 2008 -> 06:06 PM)
Depends on the region. 30k isn't going to get you very far inmost of Maryland. Somewhere out west, maybe.

haha nice signature

oh

and the Dodges just hit a grand slam off the Demster

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
well if you are sick of it, it's the GOPs fault. One of their initial attacks about Obama was that he was an elitist. It was a stupid line of action considering McCain is absurdly rich. Obama did not make all his money until his books the last decade. He was a professor and state senator. That's not $$$$$

He was/is a lawyer and his wife was/is a lawyer. Their first jobs were at Sidley Austin, one of the top firms in the country. So, at a young age, they were making bank - well over 100k a year each. Money has never been a problem in the Obama household.

It's just as absurd for him to talk about the poor as if he's experienced it as it is for McCain to do the same.

Im not a very political person mostly because I just dont care. But, I happened to be at work during the debate so I ended up watching. I consider myself an independent, if I vote I dont care so much as party as who seems best fit. To me, Obama seemed to do an ok enough job while McCain came off as an idiot in my opinion.

Although just for the lone fact of who he chose for VP I could never vote for McCain if that makes me biased at all.