Tribe @ Sox, 09/27, 6:05PM, CSN

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:19 PM)
Don't forget he was the mastermind behind the 4 man rotation, which has produced 1 quality start.

Weren't you one of the posters who didn't want to see Richard or Broadway starting down the stretch? Unfortunately, we can't make deals after August 31st.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
I think we're beyond choking.

We're just horrible now. Maybe last year wasn't a mirage.

This is a 70 win team that got lucky that the Indians and Tigers were awful and could steal some games off them and make them medicocre. Now that the Indians are playing better, we see the real team.

Puts every type of line up?

He played the exact same players the entire Minnesota series, he never even f***ing left the bench.

You think the pitcher sare calling this crap?

Its AJ and Ozzie, bottom line when Jenks doesnt throw a curveball it wasnt him shaking off pitches, its whats called.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:20 PM)
That ball was hit in the right place.

This inning turned around when Vazquez started trying to nibble with that horrible low-and-away curve that never catches the corner. Fall behind in the count, get forced to throw a meatball, give up a hit, repeat.

It was a slider. I wonder who called that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 07:16 PM)
I think we all knew what we were getting when we traded for him. Million dollar arm, 10 cent brain. He hasn't changed and never will.

i think the problem with vazquez is a problem with perception...vazquez maybe had a million dollar arm when he was 23, but he's not 23 years old anymore....his changeup is a wildly inconsistent pitch....and its not even close to being as good as hawk says it is (im convinced hawk thinks its a ++ pitch based on one game javy pitched against us when he was a yankee).....he has a good curve ball, but he has brutal command with it...hangs it far too often, and rarely can throw it for strikes...that leaves his fastball which normally he has good command of, but not always....and even when he does, its 91-94, not 94-96.....and his slider, which he also loses command of..

he's one of those pitchers who has good control, but bad command

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
I think we're beyond choking.

We're just horrible now. Maybe last year wasn't a mirage.

It was...this year is the byproduct of two teams (Tigers, Indians) having an inordinate amount of injuries. If they stay healthy, the Sox (and Twins) are playing for third this weekend.

This White Sox team WAS NEVER a playoff team this year. Completely 'doing it with mirrors' concept that got swallowed up in their station to station paradigm

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 12:21 AM)
Weren't you one of the posters who didn't want to see Richard or Broadway starting down the stretch? Unfortunately, we can't make deals after August 31st.

I wanted the Sox to make Carrasco into the 5th starter. BTW, great comeback for your Wolverines.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:20 PM)
This might be the most angry I've ever been watching the White Sox.

What's the point of getting upset? Very few players on the White Sox are, except maybe AJ.

We go into 2008 headed for 5th place I think. I just don't have any confidence in Clayton and Broadway.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
His trade value is severely diminished now. The book on Javy is open, he can't be counted on, he's a sub .500 pitcher career...at best we'll get either an aging veteran or a couple middling prospects.

If we get ANYTHING close to a A prospect we'll be very lucky.

He still is what he is even after his last 2 pathetic starts. Obviously nobody is going to give up an A+ prospect for him but something of value could be gotten for him at least. The problem is, who is going to step up and replace him? Pitchers don't just fall out of the sky. Hence me saying Javy still has value.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 12:22 AM)
What's the point of getting upset? Very few players on the White Sox are, except maybe AJ.

We go into 2008 headed for 5th place I think. I just don't have any confidence in Clayton and Broadway.

I think what pisses me off is knowing Cabrera and Vazquez will be the scapegoat, while Ozzie/Walker/Thome/AJP will have no questions asked about them.