Tribe @ Sox, 09/27, 6:05PM, CSN

LittleHurt05

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 07:21 PM)
i think the problem with vazquez is a problem with perception...vazquez maybe had a million dollar arm when he was 23, but he's not 23 years old anymore....his changeup is a wildly inconsistent pitch....and its not even close to being as good as hawk says it is (im convinced hawk thinks its a ++ pitch based on one game javy pitched against us when he was a yankee).....he has a good curve ball, but he has brutal command with it...hangs it far too often, and rarely can throw it for strikes...that leaves his fastball which normally he has good command of, but not always....and even when he does, its 91-94, not 94-96.....and his slider, which he also loses command of..

he's one of those pitchers who has good control, but bad command

I've been saying this for 3 years. His ability is wildly overrated because he lacks command. But it is true that he has no sack.

Mediocre + No Balls = Not Good

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:23 PM)
There were numerous Indians saying that it's given them motivation for this series.

and we have the same amount of motivation to win this series. that bulletin board s*** makes for a nice story but it doesnt mean nothing once the game begins.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:18 PM)
I dont even blame the players, I blame Ozzie.

He has been brutal with his line ups, brutal with his pitch selection, brutal with his bull pen, and when the umpires have been shafting the Sox he doesnt even get up and fight. He just sits there and takes it.

Ozzie needs to decide whether he still wants to be a manager, cause right now hes not doing s***.

retarded.

QUOTE (chisoxdavid @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:27 PM)
In a way yes.

Come on Sox lets start chipping at this deficit.

If you don't like people swearing and it bothers you, then you must not post on sports boards much.

When people watch sports and their team loses, they get upset.

When they get upset, they curse.

Appreciate that we have the filter at least.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)
Man I'm glad I just decided to like tune the last 2-3 days out.

The night of the epic choke I had to get trashed and karaoke, now I'm afraid its gonna happen again. Good thing I'm NOT an alocholic, LOL. Good thing Iowa won today...oh wait, they choked and the Bears are going to get embarassed tomorrow.

This team is really in trouble...even though we could still theoretically make the playoffs on Monday, STILL.

We have to do a fire sale on Vazquez and Swisher at their lowest possible value. I wonder what KW will come up with in the off-season to keep the season ticket holders from revolting? Sox Fest will be interesting again. Angry Sox fans are more dangerous than apathetic Sox fans.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
I'm on the fence about him. I love his comments in the paper, but it doesn't make up for his terrible attitude this season and poor fundamentals.

I honestly which he'd be back next year (which I know there's no way in hell)...but I think the guy is just as frustrated as everybody else with the play of this team. He's definately a game.

you guys should do like me,I already checked out,I dont care what these eunuchs that call themselves the White Sox do,my brother informed that the Twins lost so I decided to see just for curiosity sake how the Sox were doing and lo and behold I see that they are getting their asses handed to them,what a shock!(not really)Anyways,like I posted here before,the division will be won by the team that sucks less and will be quickly dispatched in the playoffs.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 07:31 PM)
This team is really in trouble...even though we could still theoretically make the playoffs on Monday, STILL.

We have to do a fire sale on Vazquez and Swisher at their lowest possible value.

Swisher needs to go where there is absolutely NO PRESSURE to win......

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:30 PM)
The night of the epic choke I had to get trashed and karaoke, now I'm afraid its gonna happen again. Good thing I'm NOT an alocholic, LOL. Good thing Iowa won today...oh wait, they choked and the Bears are going to get embarassed tomorrow.

I really think Ferentz is going to re-sign after this season and take an NFL job. I don't think with his $3 million contract that Barta is quite ready to fire him, but Good God, his record against ISU and Northwestern is reason enough...he's going to land in Steve Alford territory, not to mention the rape case bungling that's hanging over the campus and 20+ criminal citations for the football team.