Bubye Treo....

Steff

I'm getting rid of the Treo. I've had tons of trouble with the battery life. So I'm in between the Curve and the IPhone. I don't give diddly squat about music. Mainly texting and email is my thing. Suggestions on one or the other... TIA.

Steff

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
I'm getting rid of the Treo. I've had tons of trouble with the battery life. So I'm in between the Curve and the IPhone. I don't give diddly squat about music. Mainly texting and email is my thing. Suggestions on one or the other... TIA.

Steff

I'm guessing you're using AT&T. If you're willing to leave, I would wait it out for the Blackberry Storm which is going to be coming out really soon. Touchscreen like the IPhone, professional like a Blackberry. It looks very sharp, but I think it's only for Verizon, but I'm not 100% sure.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
I'm guessing you're using AT&T. If you're willing to leave, I would wait it out for the Blackberry Storm which is going to be coming out really soon. Touchscreen like the IPhone, professional like a Blackberry. It looks very sharp, but I think it's only for Verizon, but I'm not 100% sure.

I want this phone but i have US Cellular,I hope I can get it with them.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)

Steff

The touchscreen keyboard on the iPhone is a pain in the ass. I have the curve and would highly recommend it. Also, like someone above said, there is a new BB coming out fairly soon if you can wait it out a short while.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
The touchscreen keyboard on the iPhone is a pain in the ass. I have the curve and would highly recommend it. Also, like someone above said, there is a new BB coming out fairly soon if you can wait it out a short while.

I played with the iPhone a bit and Lord does it suck. I text at lightening speed and that thing has severe lag. It would end up out the window fast. I like the Curve a lot. They didn't tell me about the Storm though. I'll have to read up on it. I told them I would be back on Tuesday after I did some more research. Is the internet slow on the BB? They said that was the only thing faster on the iPhone.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
I played with the iPhone a bit and Lord does it suck. I text at lightening speed and that thing has severe lag. It would end up out the window fast. I like the Curve a lot. They didn't tell me about the Storm though. I'll have to read up on it. I told them I would be back on Tuesday after I did some more research. Is the internet slow on the BB? They said that was the only thing faster on the iPhone.
Mobile Safari is a much better browser than whatever Blackberries use. I doubt the speed is any different though, if both phones use 3G. Do Blackberries use wifi if it's available? If not, the iPhone would be faster when connected to a wifi network.

If you text a lot, though, I'd highly suggest a sidekick. Easiest device to text on. Not sure if AT&T offers those, though.

Internet speed would depend on the carrier and all that. The Curve (for T-Mobile at least) has wi-fi capabilities which increase internet speeds. You can web browse as well as call over the wi-fi on the T-Mo network. Not with AT&T. None of the current BB's have 3G capability as far as I know. This is something that AT&T is pushing for with the new BB's that are coming out and that is what has caused a major release delay. The new iPhone does have 3G which makes it much faster than standard connections or EDGE.

BB has a built in browser that is decent. However, you can always download Opera Mini or a various array of other 3rd party apps for web browsers.