Some positive memories of the season

fathom

First, no matter what happens tomorrow/Sunday/Monday, I'd like to thank the White Sox for keeping me entertained this whole season. With low expectations coming into this year, it's been a blast actually getting nervous for 99 pct of the games. Here's my top 10 moments of the season so far:

10-Nick Swisher's grand slam against Dempster

9- Nick Masset getting the save by having Grudz bounce into a DP in extra innings with bases loaded and one out.

8- D. Wise's ph slam off of Farnsy

7- Carlos Quentin's 3 run homer off of C.J. Wilson

6- Nick Swisher's walkoff homer against Zumaya

5- Joe Crede's grand slam at the home opener

4- Orlando Cabrera's walkoff single vs Joe Borowski

3- Bobby Jenks getting out of a runner on 3rd, 1 out jam vs the Cubs to win the Saturday game at the Cell.

2- Carlos Quentin's walkoff homer against the Angels on ESPN.

1- Jim Thome's walkoff homer in extra innings against the Angels.

The season has positives to draw from personnel wise and for the future (more than I'd have ever guessed), but that's it. I will not have a single positive memory of this season if they complete the collapse and fail to make the playoffs. Not one. I do think we'll win tomorrow though (only the 2nd time all week I've felt that way), so hopefully they can do so.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I will say if the Sox were as positive as the people on this board we'd be in the playoffs. There has been some anger, but most people, not me included, have kept the faith. They've lost games in all kind of ways recently, yet there's always a thread or post excited about the following day.

I really thought today would be the day AFTER watching the KC game. But we basically got blown out in our own building again.

A positive memory of the season should be the positivity of this board.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
First, no matter what happens tomorrow/Sunday/Monday, I'd like to thank the White Sox for keeping me entertained this whole season.

Amen. No matter how pissed I am at this team. So much better than last year. Not paying attention to football this far into the season is a good thing in my book.

As other have said, if the Sox lose the season will ultimately be a failure. But something I just realized put a smile on my face. We traded Freddy Garcia and got Gavin, who NO ONE thought would ever be worthy to pitch for our ML team. But look what happened. He was ace-worthy this year, and if guys like Gavin, Danks, CQ and Alexei stay as good as they've been and get BETTER, I see a lot of hope for the future of this team. It was just a nice thought amid all this chaos.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 01:04 PM)
Yeah. You and every other man with a drink or two in him calling every shot every five minutes.

:lol: Naw Quentins was the only one the whole night. Wouldn't have bothered typing it if that was the case, I would had been straight up wit it.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 06:09 PM)
1. Alexies grand slam

2. Floyds performance today

Alexei...lol.

I would have to go with this GM, but Buehrle's last two starts (even though one was a loss, he was around 120+ pitches) and then winning yesterday on fumes....getting key GIDP's at the moments they were most needed. I go with Buehrle over Floyd for that reason...although Gavin really has a lot to be proud of the way he pitched, and something to build on for next season, as he was fading down the stretch a bit.