To my bipolar cohorts on this board....

Wanne

Ya know...it's been a WRENCHING past couple of weeks. And regardless of what becomes of these last possible games I've understood every single one of everybody's f*** you's, you suck so and so, etc...and I've been right there with ya. But bottom line what I've come to realize tonight sitting rationally discussing tonights events with my lady...bottom line is we're ALL Sox fans and bleed black and silver and love this team no matter what we say in a fit of rage. So I guess this is my little shpeel that no matter what happens the next few days...just realize that this team is a REAL passion in your life. Good or bad...it's still a passion...and better than having none at all. Right now I hate this team. I say that knowing that deep down...I still love it. That's just us. We're bipolar. We're White Sox fans. We want the best. And if we flop the next day or two...we'll be right back up on that horse come spring training. I've really enjoyed the banter you dudes have provided this year!

I agree but I'm still mad, dejected, depressed, etc.

After I got out of a banquet (after watching KC win today on TV) I got the update we were down 7-1. I called a Sox friend in New Mexico and screamed "I wish I didn't care; I don't know why I care so much about this!"

Sad thing is this will be the biggest chokeaway in my lifetime. Tough to take; it'd have been impossible to take w/out 05. But I understand what you say. I'm sure we'll all be back in spring training and during the hot stove league. It's just tough to take the way it's goin down.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
Karma is a b****. Everything I have ever wished on a Cub fan is happening to me.

This i'll disagree with. Everything that happens to Cub fans and everything we wish on them is deserved because they are a bunch of f***ing morons. The interesting thing about this collapse is that it's not a true epic collapse in that the race was close all year and we've never really led by more than 2.5 games since mid-July. What makes it a collapse (and an all time time, epic one at that) is all the losses and chances Minnesota has given us, before and even after they swept us, and our inability to take advantage.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 04:52 AM)
How is it being bipolar?

This team basically pissed the division away pending a miracle (based on how we've played recently)

We should all be angry and upset with them, I think that's pretty justified with how its gone down

Exactly.

And if you bleed black and silver, you should consult a physician.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 12:06 PM)
I also feel good knowing how hard KW would take a collapse. He will make a few major moves like in 2005.

Yep, I don't think gagging away a 2.5 game lead with 6 games left in the season would sit well with him.

We are playing 07 baseball right now. Every single person out of that bullpen has failed us when it has mattered lately even Jenks. Then when we get a decent performance, Buehrle vs Twins, we get no offense. I really have no faith in them coming through. When I think I've given up on them I just go right back... its sick.

The interesting thing about this collapse is that it's not a true epic collapse in that the race was close all year and we've never really led by more than 2.5 games since mid-July. What makes it a collapse (and an all time time, epic one at that) is all the losses and chances Minnesota has given us, before and even after they swept us, and our inability to take advantage.

That's true.

But I think in the minds of the people that know the team well (us on here) we realize it has been an epic collapse. The only thing that saves my sanity is the fact the injury to CQ truly was a killer. We predictably died without our MVP.

QUOTE (Shadows @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 02:52 AM)
How is it being bipolar?

This team basically pissed the division away pending a miracle (based on how we've played recently)

We should all be angry and upset with them, I think that's pretty justified with how its gone down

If they win their next two games what does this past week mean? Absolutely nothing

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 11:16 PM)
I'm being bipolar again. My question to you ...

Is Mark the only reason we won today? Since somebody not named Mark Buehrle is pitching tomorrow are we doomed to another blowout loss? If not, why not? Go Sox please win us a game!!

to all the tenderhearts that were offended at the word bipolar...I was basically clumping the game thread posters in there which at times is pretty funny. Lots of ups and downs. Greg...I don't think we're doomed. We got a HUGE monkey off our back today and remember how to win IMO. I LOVE Gavin going against Detroit. I like Danks on Tuesday. He's got something to prove after his last outing. For as down as I've been this past week...I feel pretty good about this right now. Goddamn it's been an exhausting weekend with these three games and the Bears tonight. I'll probably need to check into the Betty Ford Clinic later this week. As for tonight...I'm spent.

good times....

If anything I think Leyland will most likely leave pitchers in. Regardless of what is said, no one on the Tigers really gives a s*** about tomorrow. They don't want to be in Chicago. Leyland included. The only scary part is that Freddy probably is the only person that does care.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 29, 2008 -> 06:48 AM)
If anything I think Leyland will most likely leave pitchers in. Regardless of what is said, no one on the Tigers really gives a s*** about tomorrow. They don't want to be in Chicago. Leyland included. The only scary part is that Freddy probably is the only person that does care.

maybe Magglio too? Sheff for 500? scary thoughts

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 28, 2008 -> 01:40 AM)
Ya know...it's been a WRENCHING past couple of weeks. And regardless of what becomes of these last possible games I've understood every single one of everybody's f*** you's, you suck so and so, etc...and I've been right there with ya. But bottom line what I've come to realize tonight sitting rationally discussing tonights events with my lady...bottom line is we're ALL Sox fans and bleed black and silver and love this team no matter what we say in a fit of rage. So I guess this is my little shpeel that no matter what happens the next few days...just realize that this team is a REAL passion in your life. Good or bad...it's still a passion...and better than having none at all. Right now I hate this team. I say that knowing that deep down...I still love it. That's just us. We're bipolar. We're White Sox fans. We want the best. And if we flop the next day or two...we'll be right back up on that horse come spring training. I've really enjoyed the banter you dudes have provided this year!

Hmpf